My son has a broken heart

F

flutterbee

Why can't we protect our children from this? It is so hard to watch your child suffer from a broken heart and know there is nothing you can do to make it better. :crying:

Devon broke up with his girlfriend tonight. On their 6 month anniversary. He is head over heels in love with this girl. But, she is so needy and needs so much constant reassurance - always thinking he's mad at her, that he doesn't love her like he used to - gets her feelings hurt. It's not her fault. Her mother is such a witch and treats A like dirt. A can never do anything right or good enough - even though she has a 3.95 GPA taking AP classes and is always at her mother's beck and call. A's mother has damaged her. It makes me furious.

Devon said he feels like A was a better person before she met him. :( That he always seems to hurt her feelings and he doesn't want her to hurt anymore. :(:(:(

And what was I doing during all of this? Sleeping. I woke up a little after 10 and called Devon to see where he was. He's at my mom's. He had to get away. My son is hurting and I wasn't available. I wish he had woken me. He said he needed to get away. He was sobbing on the phone. :crying: And there is nothing I can do to take away the hurt.

My heart hurts for both of them so much. A is such a sweet, sweet girl. She's got a lot of work to do to overcome what her mother has done to her.

I know they are young, but everyone that saw them thought they were made for each other and saw them being life mates. Even my mom.

Please send good thoughts to both Devon and A - to ease their pain just a little. They're good kids, both of them. This just really bites. Broken hearts svck.

Jena

Heather

I'm sorry to hear that he's hurting that way. I can remember 17 like it was yesterday......even though it's so so far away. She does sound like a great girl, yet your son sounds so mature for his age reacting to the situation the way in which he did by ending it due to the fact that he knows she's got stuff going on and that he can't make her happy. Which A can't even make herself happy right now it sounds.

Don't lose hope though, you know young love it may not be over just yet. Maybe A having this time away from him will give her the chance to overcome some of her stuff. You really never do know.

Ok you are allowed to rest sometimes even though your a great Mom :) I'm glad he went somewhere to feel better though; yet another smart move on his part. Wow he truly knows himself for someone at such a young age.

I hope his hurting ends soon. I know I made reference twice about how he handled it, yet it was very mature though. I was a bit taken back by that. You should be proud you raised a good man. :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

I'm so sorry for both of the kids. :(

And such a painful thing for a mother to have to watch and know there is little you can do to ease his pain. Be his shoulder if he needs/wants. Have big ears if he wants to talk. Hold him if he needs to cry.

You never........ever.........forget your first love. If it's not right for them now, it doesn't mean it might not happen in the future.

(((hugs))) for Devon and A........and some more for you (((hugs)))

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OH, poor kids! That is just so sad. Young love is just so utterly heartbreaking. No matter how it ends.
I hope they can remain friends and realize they are good people and good for each other.

F

flutterbee

It is so hard. I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying something to Devon about maybe they'll get back together. He said she begged him for an hour not to do it. :crying:

I sent A an email via facebook telling her that I was sorry that it came to this and that my heart hurts for both of them and that I still loved her. I don't know it that was right or wrong, but I just ache for them both and I needed her to know that I am still here for her if she needs me.

I understand he needs to get away and deal with this. But, the mom in me wants him home so I can watch over him and hold him, comfort him.

MB is playing gin with me online to distract me so I don't worry all night. My board family is so good to me.

Thank you all.

F

flutterbee

So........

I'm up all night worrying about my hurting son and worrying about a hurting A...fretting because my son wasn't here where I could watch over him and comfort him.....his first broken heart.....

They talked last night and decided to try to make it work.

That's great. It's wonderful. I'm all for it. But could you have called me to let me know so I wasn't up all night worrying????