My son is always in trouble!

sugarlady

I am to my end of my rope with my son. I had problem with him in NYC. My mother passed away a year ago. I decide to leave and come to Sc to give him a different type of living. But it has gotten worst down here then in NYC. He is in trouble all the time. Now he got thrown out of school. I don't know what to do. I also live with my best friend's family and it has been a strain on them as well. But I have no where to go. I have no family in Sc. Should I go back to NYC?<br>

T

TeDo

Sorry you are having to deal with this. I always hate being the first one to respond to a new person's post just because there are so many questions to be asked to get a clear picture of the whole situation. Please bear with those of us that are responding first.

How old is your son? What kind of behaviors specifically is he displaying? Has he ever been evaluated by a psychiatrist, psychologist, or neuropsychologist? Does he have any diagnoses? Is he or has he ever been on any kind of medications? Are there any mental health issues on either side of the family tree (diagnosed or suspected and should be)? I assume it is just the two of you. Change can be hard for kids to handle expecially if they aren't capable of expressing it. Sometimes this comes out as anger and aggression. Do you work? What did he "get kicked out" of school for and for how long?

Welcome to our little corner of the world. You have come to a great place with a lot of personal experience from many who have been where you are (and worse). There is also a tremendous amount of support from some very strong shoulders. Others will be along, probably with more questions until we get a full understanding of the situation so we can steer you in the right direction.

In the meantime, many supportive {{{{(((HUGS)))}}}} to you.

DDD

Welcome. It's hard to advise with-o knowing more about your son, his behaviors and how they differ from place to place. Relocating is often difficult on children even under the best of circumstances. I'll look forward to reading your update. DDD

BusynMember

Ditto that we need to know about him, even about his infancy and toddlerhood. It is improbable that moving will solve the problem. He likely needs a thorough evaluation.

You may want to do a signature like I did below to give us an overview of your family.

Oh, and, although sorry you have to be here, welcome to the board :)