My son the barber *snort*

mstang67chic

Going Green
Because he's slowly morphing into a slug, difficult child has been bored lately. No job, quit summer school and there's nothing to doooooooooo here and he got restless. I should have known better that leave him alone for a few hours while I went to my mom's to help with some stuff. When I came home, he was shut up in the bathroom. (never a good thing) I could hear the shower and it was getting ready to storm so I yelled through the door for him to hurry up. (I'm paranoid about lightening and running water) I then asked where the trash can was that should be in the kitchen. It was in the bathroom with him.

Why???

He was "trimming" his hair.

The first glimpse I got of it, he wasn't done yet. I just stared for a second, turned around, walked out the front door and just fell over laughing. (While I'm on the phone with a friend by the way. I HAD to call her when I heard him say that he was trimming his hair. Funny thing was, her mom was there and heard my friend say "He's trimming his hair???" and KNEW we were talking about difficult child) He looked like he was attacked by a deranged barber.

This was taken after he cleaned it up some but still............

I had to leave again after I took it and haven't checked it out yet to see how well he cleaned it up. I'm askeered. :rofl:

He did this once before and I THOUGHT he remembered that he's NOT one that looks good with a shaved head. Oh well........it's his head, not mine.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/0627081514.jpg

klmno

WOW! That is shaved- what is there to "clean up" besides the bathroom floor? Ok, let's call this natural consequences. It will grow back.

I can't believe he did this- so here is our proof, I guess, they really don't get the clue of when they are pushing things too far and should STOP!!

I can't believe he let you take this picture. Are you having to sympathize with him now? Is he going to stay in the house with you until this grows back?

mstang67chic

Going Green
Well, if you look reeeeeeeeeeeeeally close, you can see that there are some to the skin spots while the rest still has some stubble. I think by cleaning it up, he wants it all to be to the skin. He said something about having that "smack" sound. :hammer:

And as for me taking the picture....he was all for it. The boy has no shame! LOL

klmno

Are you telling me that he didn't do this by mistake- by getting scissor happy? He wanted it shaved?

Okee-Dokee. Well, I hope he is happy now. Yes, I would remind him of the sunscreen. Yes, I would have a hard time NOT giggling when I see OLDER men who have shave their heads to get past the thinning stage if difficult child were next to me- young, healthy, and SHAVED,

LOL!! All I can say is- WOW.

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh, this is too funny!!! ROFL!

I would suggest sunscreen, even if all he has is stubble.

glad you shared this with your friend and us.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Wait a minute...is your son my husband? He did the same thing yesterday. He SWORE I packed the hair clipper thing. I did not. But easy child found it in his room. (Not sure why he had it.)

So, while I'm at work husband tries it on his own. Looks just like the picture. Maybe they are twins.

Abbey

mom_in_training

Oooooooohh Nooooooooo!!!! Well you are right, Its his head... Lol!! One way to look at it is that you will surely be saving $ on shampoo for a while.

Both easy child and husband have bought themselves clippers and they vountarily do this to themselves....LOL.

They both like the clean shaven look and say they save lots of money on haircuts and shampoo...

Who says genes aren't destiny? They both independently bought the clippers and shaved their heads - the same week.

Star*

call 911........call 911
What did you do? Take off the bloody strips of toilet paper before you took the picture?

I actually think it looks good. He'll get a nice all-over tan now.

Donnut be askeered......it grows back.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
This must be an epidemic. I left to take easy child to the airport (her flight was cancelled arghhhhhhhh). When I stopped to see husband he had shaved his own head...and missed several spots. Is it in the air?

Beth

PS. I was having a good chuckle about it until it was mine that did it.

klmno

PS. I was having a good chuckle about it until it was mine that did it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm sure my day will come, too!

(I don't know why, I always have the hardest time finding that smile!!)

mstang67chic

Going Green
What has amazed me about both times that he's done this is that there really isn't any blood loss. (Even with using a disposable razor) He still has some strips of hair here and there in the back but I'm going to let him deal with it.

We went to a friend's house last night for their annual 4th bash. They have a pond and that's where difficult child was most of the time. With that gleaming white dome of a noggin he has....he looked like a signal buoy bobbing in the water. :rofl: