My Terrible, Rotten, No Good Day!

tiredmommy

***Vent Alert***

It's been a rough one here, nothing horrible like broken bones or illness. Just aggravation on top of aggravation piling up!
I spent over an hour on the phone (mostly on hold) trying to take care of a customer service issue. This, of course, couldn't be settled to my satisfaction. Ho! Ho! Ho! :santa:
I had a very difficult time printing out 14 scripts for the Sunday School's Christmas presentation. Paper feeding problems and I ran out of ink. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/throwpc.gif
I knocked the pile of papers off my desk. I will never, ever, ever get them back in order. :surprise:
My daughter has been a real pita lately and getting worse by the day. Did I mention husband will be leaving for 4 days this weekend? Again: Ho! Ho! Ho! :santa:
My cards are not written. I'm the person that normally stands up from my Thanksgiving dinner, clears the table and runs my (completed) Christmas cards to the post office. :snowman:
I just finished my shopping today (except an item that will be shipped to and picked up from a store next week).
I am usually about done wrapping... I hate wrapping. Ugh! :xgift:
I have only two batches of cookies done and I need them all finished by the weekend as Duckie needs to give some to her dance teacher as a gift. :gingerbread:
I'm no where near finished decorating... we haven't even gotten our tree yet. And the outside lights suddenly aren't working because of the heavy rain that just moved through. :xmasdec: <span style='font-size: 12'> </span>
But the be all and end of all of this rotten day has to be that I sat in butter. You read that correctly:
<span style='font-size: 12'> <span style="color: #FF0000"> I Sat In Butter! </span> </span> :smile:
It happened when I was trying to sit down at my desk with my lunch. I set down my bowl of soup on my desk and then temporarily set down my slice of buttered bread on my chair as I attempted to clear an area on my desk for the bread. That's when the papers went flying and, after trying to clean that mess up, I forgot about the bread and sat on it. :devil:
I'm sure I'll be able to laugh about today at some point but right now I'm so beyond done... :bah-humbug:

mstang67chic

Going Green
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tiredmommy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sat in butter. </div></div>

Soooooo.........guess that means your elf name is Sparkly Butter Buns and not Sparkly Monkey Buns??? :smile:

Hopefully you are home now and the day is almost over. It HAS to be better tomorrow. Right????

{{{HUGS}}}

TerryJ2

OMG!!!! I am SO sorry, but the butter got to me.

been there done that. Only, not the butter. Sorry.

(Hey, it could have been SuperGlue.)

:hammer: :rofl: :xmasdec:

tiredmommy

Thanks for the chuckle. I just knew you folks would help me to see the buttered side up. :crazy:
Mstang- I feel the need to share with you that I went into the kitchen to make Duckie's lunch after my original post. One of the cats knocked over the water bowl. I didn't realize it until I got a ***very cold*** soaker... :cold:
I fear this very well may roll into tomorrow... when I help Duckie's class to decorate gingerbread houses. :surprise:

mstang67chic

Going Green
Look on the bright side.....it could have been cat puke and you could have been barefoot. That's ALWAYS a pleasant sensation, trust me, I know.

As for tomorrow when you help a classroom full of kids that age decorate gingerbread houses........might I suggest a very large and long lasting Valium???

klmno

Ok, bright side- everyone will be off at least a few days over the holidays. This will be history by the time New year's gets here and you'll have long since forgotten. Ok, maybe you won't have, but everyone else will be onto what ever their next issue is!! Hang in there- it sounds like your sense of humor is getting you through!

Star*

call 911........call 911
What was that I posted a week or so ago -

If toast always lands butter side up when dropped
and a cat always lands on it's feet when dropped
What would happen if you strapped toast to a cat and dropped it?

It would land on tired Mommies bum

It's Chiffon! :wink:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh my! I'm sorry for your terrible day. (been having a couple myself lately)

But the butter....well, the chuckle just sort of bubbled up from nowhere and I went with it. :rofl:

Now I know someone said at least it wasn't cat puke and your bare feet...... That was ME yesterday morning. :surprise: And we won't even go there. lol

Good luck with the gingerbread houses. I want to rip out my hair making them with just Nichole. I can't imagine trying to do it with more than one kid.

:gingerbread:

Janna

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Those laughs are my payback to you, my sweetest, dearest, most lovable friend, for all the tool jokes!

And yes, I do love you!

Mrs. Butter-worth, hahahahahahaha :smile:

busywend

Dear Julia,

I am very sorry to hear about your terrible, rotten, no good day! I have to tell you that I think I took your good day from you today and used it on myself. I am terribly sorry and will send back to you (after the gingerbread house fiasco, of course) the good luck that I stole from you.

Here are the good things I have gotten from your luck - I hope it is worth your one bad day (well, one and a half because tomorrow is a guarantee!):

difficult child is in the best Christmas mood ever. I called her 'Christmas difficult child' yesterday.
My birthday is coming and I am very much looking forward to going to dinner with boyfriend - our favorite restaurant.
I got the job I have been trying to get for over 3 years.
I won a door prize at the work Xmas party Saturday night - $75 to Phillips European ( you may have heard of it, famous for their desserts!).
I have mostly decorated the house and I have baked cookies for the first time in years.
I am thrilled that slsh and smallworld will be helping out in general now.
I am getting boyfriend the best Xmas gift ever and I can not wait for him to get it (remote start for his car).

So, thank you for giving up a day for me to get all these nice things happening for me! I appreciate your sacrifice!!!

(does that feel better?)

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM,
I hope tomorrow is a better day. I'm sorry to admit I was laughing at the butter-sounds very much like something I would do!

Wendy,
Wow-what a great day-I hope tomorrow is just as good-only no more stealing from TM!

tiredmommy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Janna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mrs. Butter-worth, hahahahahahaha :smile:</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lothlorien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BUTTERBUTT! :rofl:

</div></div>

I guess that's better than Butterball!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: klmno</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, bright side- everyone will be off at least a few days over the holidays. </div></div>

I'm a stay at home mom... therefore everyone being home is not necessarily a good thing, lol!
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Loan_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If toast always lands butter side up when dropped and a cat always lands on it's feet when dropped
What would happen if you strapped toast to a cat and dropped it?
</div></div>
I'd be sitting on one slick kitty!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daisylover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now I know someone said at least it wasn't cat puke and your bare feet...... That was ME yesterday morning. :surprise: And we won't even go there. lol</div></div>

My dear Pookie hasn't been feeling well lately... so I do know what you mean!

Sharon- Thanks for the good wishes!

And Wendy... dear, sweet Wendy! While I certainly am happy at all your good fortune of late, I would deeply appreciate it if you returned my good luck asap. I'm becoming "tired&crankymommy"!

TM,

I'm really and truly sorry you had such a BAD day!!! However, I can't help:rofl:!!!

I'm hoping today is a great day for you!!! And, thanks again for making me :rofl: :rofl: WFEN

TerryJ2

TM,
let me get this straight:
You had a miserable day where the only thing that DIDN'T happen was to have a nuclear warhead hit your house.
And you are volunteering to put together gingerbread houses at school? Those things that will not stay together even if you hire a professional carpenter and use tractor trailer filled with-icing?
There's a character in The DaVinci Code who whipped his own back until he bled, a member of Opus Dei. He would say you had MORE than done your penance.
Gingerbread houses. Bah, humbug!

:bah-humbug:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Oh my.. I have Occupational Therapist (OT) say that giggle felt good. And the biggest reason it was funny is because I could see myself so doing that. Hope your today was better. Although with gingerbread houses I don't hold a lot of hope. Yu can't make me do that.

Beth