My Uncle Passed Away

M

ML

Yesterday. He'd been sick for a while and his heart and kidneys finally stopped working. He had a weight problem and diabetes and just lost the fight after 75 years (not too shabby really). He was a beautiful soul and also happened to be my God Father. He never married. He was engaged when he was in his 20s and his fiance died in a car crash. I feel badly because I moved away from California 15 years ago and did a terrible job keeping in touch. That truly is one nice thing about the internet and networks like FaceBook, though Uncle C was old school and never touched a computer. These days you can much more easily keep in touch despite distance. I encourage everyone to tell those you love that you love them. Send everyone a valentine today :)

Anyway, I just wanted to say that a neat person with a great soul who never hurt a fly has left this life and I hold on to the hope that he has found peace in the next realm. I also like to believe that he's with his brother, my dad and they are joyful at their reunion.

ML

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm sorry for your loss. No matter what, there is a bit of a puzzle piece that is missing from us when someone important leaves us.

trinityroyal

ML, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is very sad when the wonderful souls leave us. I too hope that your uncle and dad have found each other, and are having a joyful reunion.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm sorry to hear that, ML :( Sounds like you have a lot of fond memories of him -- I hope they are some comfort to you during this time of grief.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I just wanted to say that a neat person with a great soul who never hurt a fly has left this life and I hold on to the hope that he has found peace in the next realm. I also like to believe that he's with his brother, my dad and they are joyful at their reunion.ML

ML, I think that was the nicest tribute you could have given your uncle. Bless him on his journey and hugs to you~

Star*

call 911........call 911
ML,

What a beautiful way to describe your uncle. It shows the rest of us how much you loved him, and miss him. My sincerest sympathies for your loss.

Love,
Star