My weekend temper tantrum....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I woke Saturday morning with a temp of 102. Too sick to do much of anything but get out of bed to get water & take my medications & fall in bed again.

Same thing Sunday though the fever finally broke around 3 or so in the afternoon.

During all this time I'd get call after call from kt then wm. kt was told Saturday morning that I was too ill & that her cousin would come in & take her out. They spent 3 hours shopping & goofing off.

In the meantime, wm called at least 4 times - "are you coming to see me, mom"? I have direct orders (which I agree with) not to enter group home with a fever or sore throat - foster mum would kill me.

I finally lost it with both kt & wm; told both of them that I didn't want to live alone, my husband has just died & I'm just beginning to grieve, that we have some pretty intense anniversaries coming up & I never chose to live here alone. It was choices (known or pushed by illness) that the each of them made that pushed them into placements. I was tired of their selfishness - it's not all about them. I have feelings too & they darned well better start recognizing them.

There is a risk that kt may not come home because my neuro doctor & my GP has reported to the county that I'm a vulnerable adult. I'm not sure what to do with this info yet. My therapist chimed in that I had been a victim of domestic abuse by my children & felt with my physical health I would be at risk.

I let kt know that; I told wm point blank that is the reason for the hour long visits versus a day long visit.

So I yelled at my children over the phone, got off played piano & promptly went back to bed; slept 14 hours.

I'm soon off to a school conference for kt with a mask on so I don't infect anyone else.

Thansk for listening ..... I am done for the week & it's only Monday. :capitulate:

mstang67chic

Going Green
And what part of that exactly was such a bad thing? ALL kids need to hear that stuff sometimes, not just difficult child's. Sure....some of that is pretty difficult child specific but still...sometimes it needs to be said.

Hugs and feel better soon!

You've been on my mind a lot during my absence. Yikes, I don't even really know what to say except I am thinking of you. I really hope you feel better soon.

klmno

((HUGS)) Illness on top of justifiable aggravation can lead anyone to snap off. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Star*

call 911........call 911
So does this come in a sugar free form? UFFDA - I want some if you're passing it out.

I LIKE the fact that you stood up for yourself. Quite frankly I think it's about time. You know I had thought about my own self this weekend for a very short period of time and had planned to catch up with everyone, make some calls maybe even look up some sugar free cookie recipies and well....Dude had OTHER plans that did not involve ME or MY happiness. I wish I would have handled my point with him as well as you did Linda.

Feel better - Get well. YOU GO GIRL....

Tell it like it is Sista! :angel3:

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry you are feeling ill. If you need to put the school conference off, do so. School will still be there when you are feeling better.

I think you are right to have told the tweedles off. They ARE being selfish.

Cross the vulnerable adult protection off your list until it comes to pass. Worrying won't help. If it comes to pass that the kids are not safe to live with you, well, I hope that it will spur them to make big changes. Just a wild hope, I know.

It is good to remember that YOU matter too.

Hugs.

KTMom91

I think you stated the facts clearly, and it was necessary to do so. Time to take care of Linda. Many, many hugs, and I hope you're feeling better.

Wiped Out

Staff member
First off, I hope you are feeling better. Second, I think you handled it fine, I think what you said needed to be said. Hugs.

donna723

I'm sorry that you've been so sick, but I agree with the others. I think you said some things that needed to be said and you really gave them something to be thinking about. Kids get so use to everything being about them, the world revolving around them, they sometimes forget that parents have feelings too and are not just there for their convenience.

flutterby

Fly away!
I've had temper tantrums with my daughter. It certainly doesn't help when you're sick and they continue their self-centered me me me me me behavior.

When it's happened, I've sometimes stopped and thought, "I can't believe that just came out of my mouth." But, then I realize that everything I said is true and it needed to be said, and sometimes said in a certain....ummm...tone gets the point across better.

I hope you get over the icky stuff soon.

(((hugs)))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda

I don't see this as a bad thing. Yes the tweedles have survived major trauma. But it is time for them to understand they are not the only survivors of pain in the world. I think it was a very good thing that you pointed out that you have feelings, and that you've been hurt terribly as well. Maybe a different sort of pain.....but pain is pain.

There has to come a point in their healing when it is no longer all about them.

Take good care of yourself, push fluids, and get plenty of rest. Hope you're feeling better soon.

((hugs))