My wonderful visit!!!!

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by branbran, Oct 2, 2007.

1. branbran

branbran New Member

Hello all. My difficult child came home this weekend for a visit. With the exception of a 2 hour supervised visit a few weeks ago, she hasn't been home in almost a year. I was a nervous wreck, I wasn't sure she would be able to handle it. Boy was I wrong. It was fantastic, she was unrecognizable. We had such a nice time with her, we went shopping and went out to dinner, her and I slept in the living room and stayed up until 3am wathing movies together, laughing and talking. I was on cloud nine. I know it was only a 24 hour visit, but there was no outbursts of any kind, she was in a good mood, very positive and upbeat. She didn't even ask if she could go out!!! There were no curse words flying out of her mouth, that in itself is a major improvement as she normally has a horrrible potty mouth, much like a sailor. lol She used manners and showed everyone respect. Not to mention she looked beautiful. I know when the visits become longer and more regular we will hit bumps in the road, but for right now I am still beaming with pride and joy. I will ride this wave as long as I can. :smile:

God bless.
  2. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

:bravo: :its_all_good: :thumbsup:

It is encouraging when these type of things happen, I hope you get to have more visits like that.
  3. Steely

Steely Active Member

Tears in my eyes. This is so wonderful. Yes, ride this wave as long as possible.
  4. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Yeah!!!! What a great post to read!! I hope this continues for a long, long time! :thumbsup: :flower:
  5. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Wow! That's fantastic! Way To Go.
    I hope you told her how beautiful she looked. But I'm sure she saw it in your eyes.
    Many more happy visits!
  6. Star*

Star* call 911

I am happy for you. I got very few of those "times" over the years but did remember to do this - get a journal for only happy things, and write down the date, your experience and how much you appreciated her.

When times are tough = get out the happy journal.

Having normal moments is so wonderful. Only 'we' could appreciate that on such a level.

Happy Happy day
  7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

:bravo: :smile: :bravo:

I'm so glad you and difficult child were able to have a wonderful visit!! Hope she keeps up the hard work.

Doing the Happy Dance with ya! :dance:
  8. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

:thumbsup: :its_all_good: :bravo:

What wonderful news. I'm so glad that you had such a good visit with difficult child. Hold the memories of this visit close to your heart.

Thank you for sharing this - gives me hope for wm.
  9. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

What a wonderful thing for your mommy heart.

And we CD board aunties love hearing news like this. We eat it right up. Star is right, journal this precious memory.