Name change

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by demelzareveley, May 23, 2016.

1. demelzareveley

demelzareveley New Member

Hi I want to change my son's name as he is indulged in lot of illigal activities.

2. Praecepta

Praecepta Member

Does HE want to change his name?

3. Frieda

Frieda New Member

How old is he? Do you want to change his name to give him a fresh start or do you no want a different name so people don't associate him with you?
    Name changes are not all that difficult I believe but I think changing a name to avoid legal consequences is a disqualifier.

4. Melbourne11

Melbourne11 New Member

My daughter changed her name by deed pole. I was told that it was her way of separating her life in two parts. She could use either name depending upon her motive. It was not a positive thing to do. It almost convinced her she could behave in any way and have no consequences. She changed it back again following another reunion with me. Although I know she continues to use both names especially at work. She wants to keep her job and feels she can separate this part of her life from any chaos / trouble that she causes.

5. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Details would really help us, Hon. It's hard to give any opinion about anything without a back story. Can you help us help you?