Name that artist

meowbunny

You guys are missing a step!!! You're supposed to get who did the previous song, not just post your songs.

Okay, let's see what we DON'T have answers to.

Heather's: I'm falling down a spiral
Destination unknown
A double-crossed messenger
All alone
I can't get no connection
Can't get through
Where are you

Sue C's: I think it's so groovy now
that people are finally getting together.
I think it's wonderful and how
that people are finally getting together.
Reach out of the darkness.
Reach out of the darkness.
Reach out of the darkness
and you may find a friend.

Janet's: Did you know I go to sleep and
Leave the lights on
Hoping you'd come by and know
That I was home and still awake
But two years go by and still
My light's on
This is hard for me to say
But it is all that I can take.

Abbey's other one is by Player. (Yes, I cheated and looked it up -- there's actually several who have done versions of this song ... Player, Equal, Vanessa Hudgens, so only semi-cheated. Soon as I saw Player I knew it was the right answer. Sorry, Abbey!)

Can't remember who did Sue C's Reach Out in the Darkness but I'm sure that song will be in my head for the next four days.

Janet's is Edward Bear. Janet, you do like the sappy songs. ;-)

happymomof2

Oops sorry about missing a step

Heathers is: Twilight Zone hubby thinks the group was Clash - I am not sure

The one I posted was Crystal Ball but not by Prince.

Do we tell the answers or wait??

meowbunny

If someone gets it right, it's nice to confirm they got it. Hmm .. didn't know anyone had done Crystal Ball but Prince. Oh, well, someone else gonna have to get that one. But if you make a guess, you gotta post a new song if all the old ones have been guessed.

So, we still need to figure out who did Sue C's and the dang song is still going round and round.

Hey, Heather, is it cheating if we go through our CDs to get an answer? It's not googling.

Sue C

meowbunny -- I made myself have that song in my head last night when I was trying to fall asleep! haha Keep guessing, everyone. Do you want a hint? It was a one-hit wonder song. :smile:

sue

Abbey

Spork Queen
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: meowbunny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Abbey's other one is by Player. (Yes, I cheated and looked it up -- there's actually several who have done versions of this song ... Player, Equal, Vanessa Hudgens, so only semi-cheated. Soon as I saw Player I knew it was the right answer. Sorry, Abbey!)
</div></div>

<span style='font-size: 20'><span style="color: #FF6666">CHEATER!!!</span></span> :sword:

Actually, the one I was referring to that most people know is by Ambrosia. But, as you said, it's been done many times.

<span style='font-size: 20'><span style="color: #FF6666">CHEATER!!!</span></span> :nonono:

Abbey

happymomof2

So Sues' is the only one we haven't guessed right?

I don't have a clue - and I have never done country music much at all so if it's a country song I am lost.

F

flutterbee

The only thing that is cheating is googling cause that's so easy to do. We'd have everyone's answered in seconds.

Dig through cd's, call friends, have at it!

And yes, mine was by Golden Earring. :smile:

meowbunny

Ha ha!!! Friends & Lovers. Thank goodness for friends who know everything!

Okay, new one:

We're gonna stimulate some action
We're gonna get some satisfaction
We're gonna find out what it is all about
After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang down

F

flutterbee

Eric Clapton?

I really like him. And he lives not far from here. :smile:

My turn:

I dont want to be your friend now baby
But I,I wanna move in just a little bit closer
All I know is that to me
You look like you’re lots of fun
Open up your loving arms
Watch out here I come

meowbunny

Okay, Heather, you get Clapton to invite us over and I'll be there about 5 seconds later!!!! Man, I love that man's music!

Yours was easy (sorry): Like a Record You Spin me Round by DOPE.

And now:

Do I ever cross your mind
Darlin' do you ever see
Some situation somewhere, somehow
Triggers your memory

F

flutterbee

Well, it's triggering my memory, but I'll have to think.

And, Gee, I didn't think mine was that easy. You're just really, really good at this game. :wink:

I LOVE Eric Clapton. He married a Columbus, Ohio girl you know. For a while they lived in an area of Columbus called German Village where my mom lives. Now they live in Delaware County. I live in the city of Delaware, the county seat, and while it has some beautiful historic homes is very middle class. He's been seen lunching at the Brown Jug (historic restaurant with mediocre food - but nice atmosphere - and where friends and I are known as the 'Long Island' ladies) and checking out the music shop in town. Southern Delaware County where he probably lives is pretty affluent.

I'm not the groupie type, but if I were I'd be following him. :rofl: Did you see him on Larry King Live a couple months ago? He is so unpretentious and down to earth. It always amazes me when I see someone with such enormous talent who is just so normal. :rofl:

Ok, I'm done gushing. I love, love, love his music, too. In case you couldn't tell.

F

flutterbee

Well, I can't think of the name of the song at all, but I keep thinking Johnny Mathis? And I have no idea why I keep thinking that because I really don't know his music.

Thought I'd throw it out and see if by some miracle I'm right. :smile:

witzend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the white room
With black curtains
Near the station </div></div>

Cream with Clapton

"White Room"

witzend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wyntersgrace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh! Oh! Oh! I was playing Pogo and BAM it just hit me. Is it Bruce Springsteen? Ok. Now I'm doubting myself. But, I'll go with it for now. :smile:

Try this one:

Feeling better now that we're through
Feeling better 'cause I'm over you
I learned my lesson, it left a scar
Now I see how you really are
</div></div>

Linda Rhondstat (sp?) You're No Good, You're No Good, You're No Good, Baby You're No Goo oo oo ood!

Good one!

witzend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Abbey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vicki...you have the right song, but not artist.

Here's another. I use this almost every event. Everyone knows the song, but no one knows the artist. I use this for trivia all the time.

I don't remember what day it was
I didn't notice what time it was
All I know is that I fell in love with you
And if all my dreams come true
I'll be spending time with you

Abbey </div></div>

I love you more today than yesterday. (But not as much as tomorrow...)

Now who the heck sang that song? Chicago?

witzend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dammit Janet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, another one. You got Charlene right. Ive Never been to me.

Did you know I go to sleep and
Leave the lights on
Hoping you'd come by and know
That I was home and still awake
But two years go by and still
My light's on
This is hard for me to say
But it is all that I can take </div></div>

You guys are gonna make me cry with all these heartbreak songs!

"It's the Last Song" by Edward Bear

witzend

"You're talking about the president,
Want to stop air pollution.
Put your hand on your mouth when you cough,
That'll help the solution."