Name that artist

F

flutterbee

Sorry, ILMS!

Georgia. Hmmm.... OH! Ray Charles! I never would have gotten that.

Ok. Try this:

Take this pink ribbon off my eyes
I'm exposed
And it's no big surprise
Don't you think I know
Exactly where I stand
This world is forcing me
To hold your hand

meowbunny

Witz -- Etta James - Respect Yourself? Think a few artists have done this one but I know the James version.

Heather -- Yes to Ray Charles. I know yours but will see if someone else can guess it first. Sides, too tired to find some new lyrics. Getting those CDs out, straining eyes to read the lyrics and copying them is work.

F

flutterbee

Hmmm...I'm going to have to dig deeper to challenge you, eh, MB? You must have one heck of a CD collection! And I thought mine was good!

witzend

There is a young cowboy he lives on the range
His horse and his cattle are his only companions
He works in the saddle and he sleeps in the canyons
Waiting for summer, his pastures to change...

I don't know if you'd classify it as country, or hippy music. Maybe both!

meowbunny

Hmmm ... Not sure I'd consider James Taylor country in any lifetime and he's not quite hippy, either. He basically considers himself a troubadour. Boy, he really is hard to classify, isn't he?

F

flutterbee

MB - Have you slept any in the last couple of days? Are you just catnapping?

I'd send you some sleeping dust if it would help. :angel:

meowbunny

LOL .. I slept about 3 hours. Pain woke me up (bad back on top of some residual surgery pain). I'll go back to sleep in about an hour maybe -- actually started planning what needed to be done today. Checked the pantry to add to the last few items of food needed. If I'm not asleep in an hour, I'll start wrapping Santa presents, putter around in the kitchen and then nap later. What's your excuse?

F

flutterbee

I would say steroids, but the dose I'm on now probably isn't enough to really do it. I slept from about noon today til about 4 and dreamt that I was in the hospital and the doctors screwed up and gave me something that made me manic. Hmmmm...wonder where that came from. :rofl:

Same as you. Pain. Lower back and hips so lying down really isn't an option. Plus, I really messed up moving that icebox last night. It was only water. I should have just gotten what I could reach and left it alone. It just happened so fast that I didn't really think. Still not good with accepting my limitations.

Sue C

meowbunny -- The group that sang my song was called Friend and Lover. You said "Friends and Lovers", close enough, though. :smile:

sue