Name the stray contest! and an update

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Um..................boner........joe? Daisyface you got some splainin' to do.

Well, since dogs don't speak English....they are not responding to the name, per se--but rather the sound of the name.

The dominant sound in boner is the long o....so perhaps the dog's name contains a similar "long o" sound like Joe...or Bo....or Dozer...or something like that.

--DaisyF

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I like Gomer. Close to husband's name so he will answer to it, and, well, it fits.

I've only met one dog whose name was actually Buster and that's the one I inherited with husband and the kids. 'Cause he keeps getting BUSTED doing things he isn't supposed to!

Mstang,

I'm sorry but I found myself :rofl: while reading this. Thanks for sharing some pictures with us. He is such a cutie!!! However, he does have a "certain look" about him... Kind of mischievous...:tongue: I like the name Taz - (The first thought that popped into my mind while trying to come up with a name was tasmanian devil...) Anyway, I vote for Taz. WFEN

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Mine understands English too... and a lot of other languages.

But then, I have a cat who barks and a dog who purrs. So does that mean they're multilingual?

Back on the subject... I like Taz too. I guess it's a good thing I'm not the owner, 'cause he's be called HEY YOU... DOG!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Thanks Star. You're OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so helpful.

NOT

Gcv..Thanks for the link. I check the LOST section and didn't find any close to me but I might post. I have the feeling that he was intentionally lost.

I haven't had him scanned yet but will. Our shelter has wierd hours and I haven't made it over there yet.

As for the name Taz....already had one by that name. He's now my fuzz butt angel so I won't use it again. Besides.....we thought it was cute at the time but boy did he grow into that name! LOL

husband was thinking Zeus but I don't really like it. Meh...we'll see. We keep saying that we are NOT keeping him but I've had two ladies at the gas station where I hung a flyer, tell me that husband sounds as if he's getting attached.

Aaaand MAYBE I am too
Last night we let him stay in the house overnight for the first time. We put him on the back porch but not till husband went to bed. When I went to bed, he hopped up on the bed and curled up right up against me.

sigh

HOW do we get ourselves in these predicaments????

On a positive note, he IS learning quickly. He still isn't sure what to do about the cat....alternately runs from and barks at her. And if she stands up to him, he runs screaming even if she never made contact. She can't hurt him either as she doesn't have any front claws) I rolled up the comic section of the newspaper to swat him with (it's so thin it doesn't do a thing). After 2 or 3 times of that...all I have to do is pick it up and he backs off. It is working with other behaviors too! hee hee hee

DammitJanet

Face it Stang...you have a new furrbaby. This is why I am not allowed to even so much as glance at them...lol.

He sounds adorable. Whatever he gets named.

mstang67chic

Going Green
NUH-UH!!! Not yet!!!! I will not admit defeat!

Besides...I never thought Star would actually give up doctor and she did. I still have a chance.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hon, you're hooked. Don't be in denial. I'd give you my address to fedex him to me, but you won't. He's a lover and a keeper.

Abbey

klmno

Yep, people who aren't going to keep a stray don't bathe the poop off and let them in the bedrooom, stang!

UHMmmmmmm........."Stang"

donna723

Whether you're ready to admit it or not, he is YOUR dog now! He picked YOU!

So far you've fed him, bathed him, bought him a harness, he sleeps inside, and now you're picking a name for him! Yep, he's yours!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
C'mon Stang.........

Admitt it. This lil guy looked at you and husband and said to himself, "THIS is my new Home!"

:rofl:

Just like Bruce did to me. sigh Sometimes it just happens. You know. Destiny.

*snicker*

donna723

That's exactly why I have three dogs now instead of just two!

When a dog is determined to adopt you, sometimes they don't leave you much choice in the matter. It's out of your hands now.