*Nancy...it's Thursday...*

Nancy

Whew/phew yes we are back. Started on the road about 5:30 p.m. and our goal was to drive 200 miles before we stopped. The roads were good and we felt ok so then we changed the goal to Charleston WV. We made that and then moved the goal to Parkersburg and when we got there they had no Hampton Inn so we went on to Marietta and got a room about 11:30 p.m. and fell into bed. Got up this morning and only had about 2 1/2 hours to home. We wanted to beat the snow storm that is now hitting Ohio. The mountains were tough to get through, it was only 15 in Virginia and WV. We are exhausted and husband had to get a plane to Vegas at 5 today.

It was sad to leave her and we are going to miss her a lot. We got her tv and internet hooked up which was very important before we left. And like a good Mom I made her bed and got her kitchen set up and groceries bought. Everyone there was so nice, even the bank lady offered to take her to her church. The apartment manager and super told her to call them for anything she needs at any time. The school superintendant came to the apartment yesterday to meet us all and hugged Megan when he left. That Southern hospitality sure is great. The apartment is nice, in a nice area, and I feel good about where she is at. There are a lot of other young teachers in the complex that the schools have recruited to teach there so she will hopefully make some friends. She has been invited tonight to watch the football game with a group of people at the complex by another teacher from her college who is teaching there now.

It is apparent that they want her to stay, the superintendant told us they recruit teachers form Penn, Ohio, and NY. She said she is coming home at the end of student teaching but we will see.

I will be so happy to get into my bed tonight. Lizzy was so happy to see me and get out of jail.

Thanks for asking Suz.

Nancy

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Nancy - so glad you made it home safely. I wouldn't blame her for wanting to stay down south.

I've always wanted to move to North Carolina.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Good news that you are home, Nancy. What a relief!

easy child has come a long way from the anxious college freshman to now feeling confident enough to live in another state. Good for her!

You didn't mention difficult child so I'm hoping that she was pleasant enough to not warrant a rant in your post. Hope, hope.

Suz

Nancy

Yes it is quite a change from freshman year. I'm glad for her but of course it's hard to have her so far away. Everytime I walk in her room I get sad.

difficult child was pleasant for the most part. She rode with husband and I rode with easy child so that helped. She was a big help carrying everything in and she slept a good part of the way home. It's actaully kinda nice being stuck in the car with her, sort of a strange bonding experience.

Nancy

Fran

Former desparate mom
Nancy, I'm glad the drive went fairly smoothly even if it is exhausting.
I hope easy child has a great time regardless where she ends up. This year is exceptionally cold for us but it's still warmer than Ohio, so maybe it won't be too tough.
Again, if you think she needs a little break, she is welcome to come for a visit or I can go over for a visit. Lunch or something.
There is a lot of social niceties and courtesy here in NC. I find the state to be physically beautiful. (except for ticks)LOL.

Nancy

Janet everyone we have met down there has been extremely friendly and helpful. It makes me feel good that she is around people that will help her feel welcome.

Nancy

DammitJanet

We hope to take Keyana to the zoo up there this spring sometime. Maybe you will make a visit sometime and we can meet up and you can meet our princess!

Nancy

That would be great Janet! I understand the Asheboro Zoo is suppose to be really nice. She also wants me to go zip lining somewhere near there lol.

Nancy

rejectedmom

Well Nancy how proud you must be that your easy child is on her way to a new and independant life! I have launched all of my children and with the exception of difficult child 2 they are all doing well. It is a good feeling for us parents even though we miss them.

And Yeah about difficult child being OK and helpful. -RM