Nasty Weather..........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Folks in the path of these storms hitting this afternoon/evening please heed warnings and take shelter as necessary. Very high risk of tornadoes in this storm front, and very strong ones at that. Some tornados have already touched down, huntsville alabama is confirmed.

We're in the path, and I'm watching the weather. Although I think they expect kentucky to get it worse than us at the moment. I'm watching the boys tonight so I'll have to pay attention to the news.

Family affected by the storm, please check in when you can and let us know how you're doing.

donna723

We're in the path too with tornado warnings out till 9:00 pm. It's very warm and windy but not too bad so far. The sun is shining. Later on who knows. We're in the area that the weatherman says is "Moderate Risk" but right below the "High Risk" area. Everyone who is in the path of all this, please take care.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
A good friend of mine who lives in Evansville IN posted a picture of a tornado touching down there. She and her family are fine.

Around here we are classified "PDS" - Particularly Dangerous Situation. I work right on a flight line so the wind is usually worse here than at home (7 miles away).

I'll let you guys know as the evening goes on.

Jody

Step,

My daughter is traveling on the highway coming from that area. She started home from school at Marion, on her way to Springfield Illinois, I am hoping everything is okay. She won't answer her cell phone but if she's driving and would answer it she'd be in big trouble.

Jody

Everyone please stay safe. I hate tornado's. Very scary, we had several touch down 6 years ago on March 12th. We had hail this morning looked like a bunch of slush everywhere.

H

HaoZi

I had a nightmare about tornadoes last night, we're at the upper north end of this system, I don't think we're at much real risk beyond high (60-70mph) winds tonight but I know tornadoes are a possibility here. I'll be keeping an eye out but we can't hear the sirens at our complex unless our windows are open. Stay safe everyone.

donna723

My son works two counties west of where I live. He said that a tornado touched down on the other side of the interstate, not too far from where he works. Watching the weather reports, these little storms just keep popping up out of nowhere!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The boys and Nana spent supper picnicking in the basement with pizza that was delivered like 2 mins before sirens sounded. (yes I gave the driver an excellent tip) I'd planned ahead. Darrin normally panics. So Nana had him pack up flashlights, toys, their blankets and take them down long before the storms arrived as a "just in case measure". When the sirens sounded, all I had to do was take the boys down, Travis carried down the pizza. I'd even thought of extra diapers and wipes. (I remember back when my kids were little and times when one could find yourself stuck down in a basement for hours)

We came up to the all clear about a half hour ago. I think the worst went under us, at least for the time being. I haven't checked the weather again.....but I remember them saying that once the cold front got through you were pretty ok except straight line winds, which can be just as bad. Boys are shooting bad guys on Call of Duty, Connor is flirting with the kitties on the other side of the storm door. lol

So we're good. :)

donna723

We had a lot of wind but only a little rain and no hail like they did in areas around us. So far, it's all sliding across directly under my county but that could change any time.

H

HaoZi

High wind advisory until 4am. Other than hail earlier today, I'm good with the level of non-exciting weather we've had so far.

Kathy813

Staff member
We've had tornado warnings tonight and spent some time in the basement with the dogs. One supposedly touched down in the town we live in but we didn't hear anything except the sirens. I am curious to see what they find when the sun comes up tomorrow.

easy child called when one of her friends texted her about the tornado that hit the town where we live. She asked if the dogs were okay!! I laughed and asked her if she was concerned about husband and me. She said that she figured if the dogs were okay then we were okay. I told her that I now see where we rank on her priority list. LOL

Hopefully, the worst is over. I hope everyone else is okay.

~Kathy

DammitJanet

Has anyone heard anything about the military base in MO? I know somewhere in MO got hit but not sure where. I am assuming we would be notified if something was wrong but really, who knows.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Branson (sp) Mo got hit a few days ago. I don't recall hearing/reading anything about a military base though, Janet. And I don't know what city it's in.

skeeter

Hound Dog - thought of you immediately when it started across the river, glad you are ok.
We have good friends in Henryville IN, which from the pictures I've seen has pretty much been wiped off the map. Phones and cells aren't working so we have no idea how they have fared. Looks like Moscow OH got hit really bad, too.
It's too danged early in the year for this!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
skeeter, glad you checked in.

It seemed to dip below us at the last minute. Not that I'm complaining one bit. If it hadn't, we'd have had one of the nastier cells pass right over us.

Proud of my grandsons. Darrin had some anxiety going (normal) but didn't reach panic stage. Giving him a job or two to do seemed to help him considerably, and he did them well. We were set for a long haul in the basement if needed. lol But better to be that way than not. Brandon did really well........I think he thought it was cool to get to eat supper on the basement floor on blankets. And Connor sat in my lap for nearly 45 mins, totally unprecedented, munching pizza. :)

I think I just saw footage from Henryville.........I think a town in southern Il was pretty wiped out too. Heard about Moscow, just plain horrible.

I think tornado season starts what about mid march? Yup too early! And awful part is they said to expect much of the same due to weather patterns. Lovely. Not.