NCAA Tournament?

jbrain

Hi,
are any of you watching the tournament, and if so, what are your thoughts? Anyone out there cheering for Pittsburgh or Syracuse? Anyone whose brackets are in good shape?

Go Pitt tonight and Syracuse tomorrow night!

Jane

eekysign

Sadly for you, both shall lose, so that my bracket can continue its domination of our pool. :)

Actually, funny story: I set my entire bracket up so that UNC could play Duke in the final four. Makes for good basketball watching. Rivalries are always so much more entertaining than random matching. Hehehe.

DammitJanet

Eeky...do I smell a Carolinian at heart? I dont particularly watch the games until they get down to the final four but normally someone from the ACC is in there. And quite often that someone is either NC or DUKE. I cant really say which one I like more because I like them both...lol. We have an offshoot of UNC in my county- UNC Pembroke and my son had major surgery at DUKE so we like them too. Either way its a win here.

lizanne2

I am a Big East fan, Nova specifically...... so yeah, Go Huskies, and Cuse and Nova and Pitt and L'Ville.

But yes, UConn women. What a dynasty. Could it be mens and womens same school!? that would be oh so awesome!!!

I would lose my bracket pool. But it would be oh so awesome.

eekysign

Eeky...do I smell a Carolinian at heart? I dont particularly watch the games until they get down to the final four but normally someone from the ACC is in there. And quite often that someone is either NC or DUKE. I cant really say which one I like more because I like them both...lol. We have an offshoot of UNC in my county- UNC Pembroke and my son had major surgery at DUKE so we like them too. Either way its a win here.

Haha, no---actually, the UNC love comes from an old boyfriend. I got the Duke hatred from him at an impressionable age. ;)

At heart, I'm a Penn State kid---but ah, we are not so much the basketball school, so therefore I get to pick and choose during March Madness.

DammitJanet

Well we bleed Carolina Blue here with a strong tinge of DUKE blue. Ever notice that the sky is rooting for Carolina...lol.

jbrain

Lizanne2,
a fellow Big East fan--yay!! Okay, I will predict an all Big East Final Four--how awesome would that be?! I have Memphis and Pitt in the final game but I will sacrifice my bracket for 4 Big East teams.

Eeky, I am also one who dislikes Duke--inherited it from my son.

Jane

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Rock the Chalk!!! KU tomorrow!!!
I have the love for husband's Alma Mater!
My bracket is sadly not doing so well...
I do have North Carolina going all the way JANET!!!
Louisville and NC...
I will not win my bracket though I have lost too many points.

Being a west coast girl and not going to college... we have little faith!
But UofA is fun to watch and I may glom onto them next year!!! It is pretty cool living in a College town with actual teams!!!

jbrain

A week ago I would have added, Go Cornell and Go Binghamton! We knew they weren't really going to "go" but it was fun to see them in the tournament!
Jane

jbrain

Okay, 3 Big East teams have moved on! I am so relieved Pitt made it to the Elite 8--what a nail biter that game was! My son has Missouri in his Final Four--I had no idea how good they were!
Jane

eekysign

UNC needs to win it all now, or I'm toast. ;)

Stupid Duke not beating stupid Villanova.

Stupid stupid stupid *trails off grumbling.......*

jbrain

EPHCHAP,
you must be thrilled--what a game Mich. State played! I'm from Michigan so besides the Big East I like to cheer for Mich teams.

I hope Pitt can manage to beat Villanova but I won't mind as much if they lose to them as I would have if they lost to Duke. I just wish they would quit making me suffer through these close games and I wish they would play as well as they played before the tournament started!

Enjoy the games!

Jane

jbrain

Michigan State was awesome the way they played last weekend! I am now rooting for them and Villanova since Pitt and Syracuse are out now. The Villanova/Pitt game was sure exciting but heartbreaking for us Pitt fans. I talked to my son Monday night and he was still feeling depressed.

Good luck, Ephchap!

Jane

DDD

Go Huskies!!!!!

husband is already planning a trip out of town to watch THE big game with his college roommate. Can you believe they both are the same rascals they were in the l950's..........with grey hair added, that is! ;)

If UConn doesn't win, I'll root for your team Deb. Hugs. DDD