Need a happy thought.....????!!!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I think it's time to share at least one positive happy thing going on as this is one of the most stressful times of the year; add in a difficult child or 2 & many of us are in over our heads.

Let's see....

I'm doing well with all my PT, Occupational Therapist (OT) & speech therapies.
Piano lessons are slow going but I'm improving - working on Ava Maria right now.
My dad is in good health & going strong.
I got the house decorated for the holidays.

So, what can you share - just one or two positive things going on.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Wow-Linda-thanks for starting this thread-I need it right now more than I can say.

Positives:

*I love the class I am teaching this year-they make each day a good one at work!

*We finally got the house decorated for Christmas.

*I have friends that really get what it's like to live with a difficult child or two (of course, this includes all of you who here:))!

*husband's dad is finally home from the hospital (got home yesterday after being in for just over two weeks).

tiredmommy

Positives: "I'm not feeling quite as overwhelmed as I usually do the week before Christmas".

"Duckie got her H1N1 booster this week".

"husband made another layoff cut last week".

katya02

Solace
Positives: easy child 2 is coming home today; easy child 1 is coming home tomorrow.

I'm almost (not quite) done with Christmas shopping. Better than usual.

difficult child isn't homeless so far.

busywend

Well the most obvious is the engagement. And the fabulous in law family I gain - seriously!
My difficult child is about to finish her first semester at college - I think she will have passed everything.
I am taking next week off from work!
My mom & step-dad are still going strong.

crazymama30

---I have a job that I enjoy with coworkers (the majority) that are friends also

---Kids are old enough and mature enough to understand that money is tight, they will get presents but not like other years.

---I am employed with good health insurance

---My very supportive family

M

ML

I'm grateful to have two other working toilets while the main one upstairs is out. I have a job I like and a boss who is mellowing with age. husband is sober and we are looking forward to a few days together next week when manster goes to Cali.

Mattsmom277

Great timing for this post!

- My house smells like Christmas (pine, cinnamon, ginger) and looks like Christmas
- For the first time in a few years, I'm celebrating Christmas without being in the midst of a major MS flare (WOOT WOOT! MEEP MEEP!)
- difficult child is thriving and maturing. We argue seldom, we laugh alot.
- easy child is still my love bug. She wakes up smiling, goes to bed smiling. She gives such a good energy to our home.
- S/O survived layoff and is doing well in his avionics course. Joining the air force is going to be a great move for him and for our family.

flutterby

Fly away!
- My house is decorated and feeling very Christmas-y.

- difficult child is being more easy child/typical teen than difficult child lately. She even came and sat next to me on the couch late Monday/early Tuesday when she woke from a nightmare. She *never* does that. And she wants to see a psychiatrist.

- I got a referral to a pain management clinic that is supposed to be very inclusive: PT, Occupational Therapist (OT), etc.

- easy child got the job! (well, as soon as the results from the drug test and background check come back, anyway)

- I am completely ok with how things turned out with difficult child 2. No guilt, no feeling of a need to rescue. It's on him.

- I can pay all of my bills this month. :)

- Supportive family and friends - including my imaginary friends here. :D

mstang67chic

Going Green
Good thread Linda!

I'm still not smoking!

I've actually had some decent conversations with difficult child recently. They weren't very long but they actually included genuine laughter on both our parts.

All of my shopping is done except for stocking stuffers.

I'll have the chance to make a couple of bucks running some errands for a former boss. I can use the $ to go to Georgia with my dad, step-mom and the kids!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thank you Linda, I love the reminder to be thankful for so much in my life.

H is 3 years sober from alcohol.

difficult child chose to stay home in bed to get better rather than sleep at boyfriend's house - that was a shocker!

easy child is doing fantastic at school and work!

I have a job with health benefits that is flexible to my schedule needs.

Our home is decorated for Christmas and exh bought us a tree!

I am spending the weekend doing my holiday baking and I cannot wait!

All of our dogs are healthy and happy and little loves.

We found an excellent nursing home for my mom both in PA and in CT - all we have to do now is choose between them.

I have a couple of really good friends, some wonderful family and feel loved.