Need a little board strength, por favor.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, Toto...that stinks.

I know that years ago when things were at the height of chaos in our house, the holidays were very stressful. H and I made a decision that we would not do the traditional holiday gift giving. We couldn't afford it, were moving to another state...the stress was just too much. So, we informed our kids that we were not doing the gift thing that year. You should have seen the look of astonishment on their faces. Instead, we volunteered at the local homeless shelter. Double the astonishment look.

In the end, it was so rewarding for them. They loved chatting with the guests and providing something much more important than the years most important toy. We have and still continue this tradition. I look around at the frantic people trying to get all these gifts when the most important gift is to help one another.

I'm sure you'll find a great place to live. The market couldn't be better right now.

Hugs to K. It has to be kind of scary to know that you have a disorder that you can't control. At least she is verbalizing this to you. You are a safe place for her.

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
The landlord needs put in a box and shaken like a 7 year old shakes boxes the day before Christmas.

I'm so sorry T. I sent you a PM with a link...hope it helps. I don't really have any advice but sending out hugs and calming vibes for the girls.

Cass1

Our family had this happen to us a year and half ago.My dad had a heart attack and had to have heart surgery after a long day of waiting for my dad to come out of surgery I came home to a notice on our door saying we had 60 days because the owner (25yrs old) living with mommy & daddy wanted to move in with his buddies.At this time we were also in the process of trying to get custody of our grandson from CAS we lived in a big farm house so we had plenty of room.When we questioned him about it as we were told it was a long term rental and told him that we didnt have no where to move to he told us well I guess your up s**Tourette's Syndrome creek..while our kids watched out the window..my husband was fuming but we just walked away.Two weeks after we got the notice we got approved to have our grandson I couldnt even be happy about it because we had no where to live and I couldnt tell CAS this for fear they would change there mind.Weeks went by and we still couldnt find a place ,then the week before my grandson was to come live with us my husband got into a very bad accident he totalled his new truck but the only spot on the truck that wasnt crushed was his he hit 3 trees and rolled into the opposite ditch but yet walked away from that accident with just a small cut on his head he missed 1 day of work.Someone was watching over him that night they knew he was needed he walked away from that accident because good things do happen.The next day was difficult children birthday and it was his first with my grandson(his son) there.It took us two weeks before we had to move to find a place we were having a hard time finding one with enough bedrooms because we now had our grandson living with us.So as we went through that I was so tired it felt like one thing after another and I was very sad to have to leave a house I loved but everyday driving into town I would see the three tress my husband hit it would make me think of alot of things and make me think of how thankful I am to have my family through the good and the bad and I was lucky to have my husband.Driving past those trees everyday also made me realize that moving wouldnt be so bad because then I wouldnt have to drive past those trees that gave me knots in my stomach everytime I drove by,will always have a mental picture of the accident scene I drove upon to find it was my husband :( We have now lived at our new home for a year and half now and there have been so many positives from the move it was a blessing in discuise, I think at the time though it just seemed so overwhelming with everything going on then to add a move to that so unexpectadly it felt like life was falling apart as you are feeling "tired".
We save so much money living here,we have a landlord that lives a couple hours away from us and we never see or hear from them so no stress from the landlord which is a bonus :) Im closer to my difficult child's whome live on there own and my other grandson.We get out more as we are closer to things we go for bike rides and walks which we didnt do where we were.I wouldve liked our place to be just a bit bigger but Im happy here.I still deal with the stress's of difficult child being bipolar but now Im more accessable to everyone and everything so it makes things a little easier to.As for my dad he is doing well and I live a bit closer but yet he still doesnt visit..lol..
Sorry for the long message just wanted to share that with you ,even though things dont look so good right now things will look up for you and your family,I have had many positives come out of that negative.
Thinking of you and your family and sending positive thoughts that all will work out ♥ ((hugs))
Cass

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Toto, make sure you show K the list of all the fabulously talented and brilliant people throughout history (like her mom) who had bipolar, or some other problem, and grew up to be amazing contributors to the world. Maybe you already have, but our kids need reminders and encouragement that they will eventually rise above their illness or disability and go on to lead the lives they were meat to live. Things will get better. It's just harder to accept that when you're sick or struggling.