Need a Swift kick

M

ML

I have been very lazy about my eating. I'm still walking which is something but I need to do more aerobics and some weights. I gained 2 pounds this month and feel really bad about it. So I've decided it's time to put more energy into this. It's time to get up earlier and hit the trampolene and weights. I think my worries. about my health this month have had me turning to food for comfort. I got a bit hypochondriac(ish) with it all and went worse case scenario with planning my funeral and deciding who I would leave my worldly posessions with. Crazy I know. I have a few tests coming back and a visit with the derm to check out a new black mole on my neck and if all comes back fine I'm jumping into the deep end of the pool full force.

Fran

Former desparate mom
ML, I'm with you 100%. I need a swift kick too.
Now that things will start to settle down, I decided an hour a day is not too much to spend on me and my health.
Everyone and everything will have to wait until I'm done.

I always seem to do better with the beginning of the school year. It's like a fresh start.
If you do it, then I'll do it.
I signed up for a forced boot camp which now, I'm worried I won't be able to do. Fear is a great motivator isn't it? I'm not hypochondrish but I don't want to be embarrassed as falling on my face in front of all the women who are more fit.
Now to tie on those shoes and get to work. : )

Health is around the corner. Let's go together.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I restarted yesterday with healthier eating. One day down and halfway through the second day.
Had an appointment.,yesterday, to meet with the boot camp lady who reassured me that I will be ok. I started the treadmill and hand weights to get moving more than my regular walking. I know I am going to be in some serious muscle pain that first week.
Tuesday after Labor Day is when I start the official boot camp and serious getting fit routine.

I have a goal to reach by the end of Oct. Slow and steady wins the race, right?
When are you planning to start? What sort of exercise are you doing? I believe that any movement is better than none.

M

ML

I plan to start today with healthier eating. I have been walking but plan to do my trampolene as well as the weights. I have to get a scan of my legs to rule out blood clots so I'm taking it a bit slower than I would like. I had a second blood test that confirmed the first one that indicated the possiblity of clots.

I am so proud of you for starting. You will be ready for boot camp, I just know it. I concur that the end of Oct is a good goal time period for me as well.

I'm getting excited about doing this. I just need to get through these tests before I can go full speed ahead.

Keep up the great work.

Fran

Former desparate mom
ML,
Hope the testing proves that you are in good enough shape to get back to your own life.
So far so good. I am visiting my family so there have been 2 days of amusement parks, zoo's and family get togethers. I have done pretty well. I did have some bits of a funnel cake but other than that, I have stuck to what I should.
Walking and exercise has been happening almost everyday. I want to increase from 30 min to 45 in the next day or two. Timing is everything when it comes to success.
Have a good week

ML- 2 pounds is nothing, go to the bathroom and it's gone! Once your tests come back fine (and you've jumped into the pool!) you know what you have to do!
Fran, don't be scared, I go to the gym at 4am EVERY DAY, that early, nobody is in the best of shape, trust me. I saw your picture, you are in better shape than them, but I know you can do the bootcamp. You'll see, we had a class like that at my gym and it wasn't hard.
I know you 2 will do well!
As for me, I gained 4 pounds, I enjoyed my summer, ate, drank and now I'm guilt ridden. I just bought these liquid diet drinks that will help me lose the weight. I hate myself when I get this fat. I feel like if I weigh 100 I can enjoy my life. I made a huge mistake of getting on the scale, something I never do. I can do it. We can do it.-Alyssa

Fran

Former desparate mom
:yes: I survived day 1 of 19. I wasn't even the slowest or worst shaped. I'm bad enough but I was able to leave with my dignity intact.

ML how are things?
Upallnight, no wonder you are up all night. What time do you go to bed? I figure I am hitting the sack at 10 to get up at 4:15.

Tomorrow is all cardio. Yikes!
I figure after Day 3 I should be in real pain but so far so good.
Now to take each day as if it's the first.
I have a couple of short term goals and a longer term goal.
I'm excited to see the start of getting stronger and firmer.
Now to watch the scale drop a bit more.

M

ML

You go private Fran! hehe. That is soo great.

UAN thank you for your words of encouragement.

I just got back the last of my test results and I'm good to go. I'm a couple days back into healthy eating and exercise (trepeditiously at first but now I'm going all out). We can do this! We ARE doing this.