Need gift idea

tiredmommy

My cousin's little twin girls are having their first communion soon... and I have no idea what to get them. Help!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Usually something religious is in order; a small pocket bible, a necklace with a cross/crucifix, cross earrings, rosary beads, etc...if all else fails, cash in a nice card.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
When I was about 8 yrs old my sunday school teacher discovered I didn't have a bible of my own. She surprised me with my first bible, smallish but not too small, with my name in gold leaf on the front cover. I've had that bible for nearly 40 yrs now. It's actually sitting not 2 feet away from me. lol

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Those are all great suggestions. easy child received a small ceramic jewelry/music box with a cross on it to store her rosary. My kids also received savings bonds from various family members. Some relatives gave them silver dollars (the real silver ones).

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I love the rosary idea. I'm not Catholic, but I got one back when I was in Catholic school. Still have it - still love it.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Back in the day. LOL. You got your first wristwatch for Holy Communion. I remember I got an Alice in Wonderland watch that came with a
ceramic statue of Alice(I'm sure my mom saved it somewhere in the attic)
A crucifix necklace would be appropriate. Maybe one silver and one gold so they aren't identical.

witzend

A Crucifix necklace is nice and not usually too expensive. They will get many Rosaries. I wear a Miraculous Medal that I really like. They're different and not terribly expensive.

LittleDudesMom

I like the engraved bible idea. You might want to check with the parents first about the cross necklace - it might be something they are giving the girls. Go to your local religious book store - they have wonderful gift ideas.

Sharon

nvts

ML! There were TONS of different medals and crosses, etc. on Amazon at Christmas time. All of the kids got crosses this time around - they ranged anywhere from $10 to $1000.00 dollars. I got a miraculous medal on my Communion that I still have and my Aunt who was a nun gave me a bracelet with the 10 commandments dangling on it.

Good luck!

Beth

Fran

Former desparate mom
Does anyone remember scapula's? I got a white one for holy communion from the church. I think. It's been a long time ago. LOL.
I haven't heard of miraculous medals for a long time either. Very cool.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm about as far from Catholic as one could get, but I do know that there are patron saints of various things. What about a saint's medallion that pertains to future hopes for the girls?

Done in sterling or gold plated sterling; those would be an affordable gift and you should be able to come up with ones that are different for each twin. I agree with the OP who said that they'll likely get several rosaries for this occasion.

What about a special rosary (can they be handed down?) from a beloved relative?

busywend

You have gotten great suggestions. It will be hard to get something someone else did not think of. I would call and see if the parents know some of the gifts first.