Need Help from Canadian Members

tiredmommy

I live very close to the Canadian/US border. I was hoping one of our Canadian members could give me the name of a reputable pharmacy chain that has locations from Fort Erie, ON through St Catharines, ON. Duckie's allergist has suggested I purchase her zyrtec syrup in Ontario as it's not covered by my insurance, but it is otc in Canada. It is called reactine in Canada, I believe. Any suggestions?

mum2JK&TH

I'm not sure close to the boarder but the two most popular pharmacies here in Ontario are Pharma Plus and Shoppers Drug Mart, if that helps any.

trinityroyal

TM, can Duckie take a generic version of Reactine, or must it be the brand name? Wal-Mart has pharmacies, and the prices are much lower than Pharma Plus or Shoppers Drug Mart. They carry Reactine (brand name and generic).

I use Reactine for summer hay fever, and started taking the generic version last year with no ill effects.

Perhaps those are also options you can try for refills.

All the best,
Trinity

tiredmommy

Well, I feel comfortable with the Reactine because it is the exact same formulation as the Zyrtec, just marketed under a different name in Canada. She takes it due to her chronic allergies and hives, so I don't want to mess around.