Need help from someone in NC, please

svengandhi

A very close friend of ours moved to NC a while ago. He is in his early 60's, a few years away from Medicare eligibility. His former company had been paying his health insurance but the other day he received a cancellation notice. He was offered COBRA but it's quite costly. I was hoping that someone in NC could give me some suggestions about Obamacare in the state. I am going to try to help him sign up but the deadline is Monday. He has a couple of chronic health conditions so he can't go without insurance.

Thank you.

tiredmommy

I'm not in NC, but I suggest that he call the toll free number today to get assistance since the deadline is so close.

DammitJanet

I know that NC has a different scale than some other places. However if he is disabled, he could probably get medicaid for the disabled depending on his income. Also being disabled gets him medicare. That doesnt help in the here and now though. Depending on where he lives, there may be access to decent income scaled medical care. That may be cheaper than obamacare. I checked on the website a couple of weeks ago and I couldnt believe the prices! However like TM suggested, I would call the hotline and talk to them.

You could try this website: http://www.nchealthplans.com/?taid=18&kw=north carolina health insurance