Need Help NOW

tina duann

difficult child 1 is depressed right now. I am not sure what to do. He says that he has different things going through his head all the time. He says he wished he was dead. He is crying and sad and says he doesnt know why. He even said that he wanted to go to a hospital. I am scared and do not know what to do. I am so mad that I have him this disorder. God what do I do. I know he will not hurt himself but I am still worried. He told husband that he used a pillow to sufficate himself but it did not work. We are talking about a 9 yr old. Please help.

judi

I would say since he is telling you he wants to die, that an evaluation at a hospital should be the next step and tonight too.

Liahona

I'd be calling the crisis line for the psychiatrists office. I've done this before when difficult child 1 was hearing voices. Last sat difficult child 1 said he wanted to die. He got an apointment with the psychiatrist asap. Going to the hospital tonight isn't a bad idea either.

amy4129

Not only is he saying he wants to die....
he had a plan....
he tried the plan....
in my humble opinion....
hospital evaluation now!
Better he is mad at you than not here to be mad at you.
Hugs
Amy

smallworld

Concerta can cause depression. In addition, your difficult child's Lamictal may not be at a high enough level. You need to call the psychiatrist ASAP.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Tina,

Time to call for help...or head to ER. This is a situation that needs immediate attention.

Sending positive strong thoughts your way.

everywoman

I, too, agree it's time to head to the ER. A nine year old talking of suicide and admitting to have tried is a big red flag. I hope everything will be okay. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

tiredmommy

I agree he needs an emergency evaluation at the hospital now. Bring all the medications he's been taking and update when you can. {{{Hugs}}}

busywend

Yup, this is a sign of an urgent need for help. Even if this moment is OK for him, you need quick help that only an ER can provide.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Tina

You've gotten good advice. I hope you take him to the ER. He needs the pros to evaluation him.

Please keep us posted.

((((hugs))))

oceans

The hospital is the best and safest place for him right now. Take him to the ER, or call the psychiatrist asap. He needs more help than you can give him right now.

Please update when you can. I hope you went to the ER last night. I hope difficult child 1 is feeling better soon!!! I don't have anything to add to what the others have already said. Just thinking of you and sending cyber hugs. WFEN