need help

help_

My 4 yr old has bad dreams, hits staff, throws objects, screams, pinches, bites. I'm very worried and concerned that they will no longer watch him. We are living in a transitional living program. My three children and I come for a life time of violence, though I never wanted to admit that was true. Their father never hit me, just never provided therefore, we lived with his mother, who did hit me, throw things, throw my children and me out often. I finally was more scare to stay than to go. But, how do I now help my children? I feel that I have felled to protect them in the past and that I'm felling them now because I don't know how to change the mark this has had on all of my children's lives.

BusynMember

Hi, hon. We are here for you.

Are you in a shelter for the domestically abused? If not, what kind of program are you in and do they have therapy for you and your children? If you tell us more, we can better help you.

I'm so sorry you had such a tough time and hope things get better for you and ALL your children.

buddy

Sending you a big cyber hug....I can't imagine. Is your son having these issues because of all of the trauma do you feel? maybe if you appeal to them to get you help, let them know that you are really afraid for him and need services. They may be able to hook you up for an evaluation thru the county or local school system if there are other concerns. Did this all just start or is this how he has always been? Did he too get hit by the grandma?
I'm so sorry you are going through this. You did the right thing to get out of that for all of your sakes. We are here for you and listening. Feel free to vent and share what is going on.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I am so very sorry you find yourself in this place in your life. You are being very brave and you're being a good mom taking care of yourself and your children. I can't imagine how difficult this is for you right now. I'm sorry I don't have any practical advice for you, I just wanted you to know that I read your post, I am sending you a big hug and sincere prayers to keep you and the children safe, secure, protected, supported and guided to the appropriate people, places and services. ((((HUGS))))

help_

Thanks so much for everyone's support. The staff agreed to send him to a daycare program for the remained of this semester of my school. He has really made a 90 degree turn. He still has a few moments of anger but nothing like two weeks ago. I've made him an appointment with a play therapist and I'm trying to sped more one on one time with just him. I'm worried about once the semester is over...I do not have $110.00 a week. I'm work/studying and taking 11 credits and those that also have young children realize that is a full load. I've decided to keep focused on the positive and with GOD's help it will all work out. It has so far, we left with what clothes I could fit in our car and the cross off our bedroom wall. We now have our own apartment and though donations it has everything that we need. Everything in good time

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I was very touched by your post and want you to know that I am thinking of you and sending you sincere and caring prayers for you and your children to be safe and be surrounded by G-d's love and guidance. I am happy to hear you have your own apartment and that your son is doing much better. It may take time to heal the wounds of violence, but you have love on your side, and you are being provided for. From this point on, you and your kids will be so much better off because you had the courage to make that change. I am proud of you. You did the right thing for your family. God bless you.