Need Prayers husband having a heart attack

DDD

Sending caring thoughts and prayers your way. It has to be a relief knowing that he is getting the best of care. Where we live, sad to say, you really have to be transported to a bigger city to get specialized care because our hospitals are "fair" at best. Get some rest. You'll need it for sure. Hugs. DDD

mstang67chic

Going Green
Holy Koi Lisa! Sending lots of prayers and thoughts your way. Update when you can but take care of you!

HUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUG

TerryJ2

Well, it sounds like he's in good hands, now. And it sounds like his health has been crummy for quite some time. Sadly, my cousin is a lot like that (and difficult child too) so when there really is something wrong, we tend to blow it off.
I know the feeling.
Especially after going three days with-o sleep!!!! Please, please get some sleep.

keista

((((HUGS))))) and prayers going out.

Do NOT blame yourself. I don't know the details of your relationship dynamic, but he is a grown man and it's NOT your responsibility to take or not take action.

And you are 100% right about those symptoms. mother in law had called 911 herself on two separate occasions, thinking she was having a heart attack. Both times they released her saying her heart was strong an clear. You can't always tell.

susiestar

Roll With It
Don't beat yourself up OR let him use this to make you do things. HE had the symptoms of many mild things and of a heart attack - and why didn't HE go to the ER without you or call 911 if he thought he was that sick or was that miserable? HE had choices here - the weight of decision making for going to the hospital was on HIS shoulders. That is what being an adult means - period. That buck stops with HIM, not with you. Yes, you did brush off his symptoms, but as long as I have known you he has complained of similar symptoms and other symptoms to the point that when YOU should have been in the hospital with pneumonia he still whined about a cold and had YOU trying to do for him. It went that way (him complaining of fake symptoms to get out of things) for far far far too many years for this to be YOUR FAULT.

I mean that honestly and sincerely. I hope and pray that he gets better, and that won't stop. Many hugs and hours and hours of sleep coming your way.

LISA, I'm saying lot's of prayers for your husband!!! Sending many HUGS to you. I'm so sorry, you know we're all her for you. I wish I could come over there and help you.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I second what Susiestar said.

My mother was in a similar position as yours with my dad being a worrywart over every. little. thing. his entire life. After 45+ years of that, you tend to tune out a lot of the noise that comes from that person.

That said, I know how distressing it must feel to be dealing with this. I'll say a prayer for him and hope that the docs can stabilize his situation. And I hope you take time to rest, knowing that he's where he needs to be and you can afford to take a much-needed timeout.

(((((HUGS)))))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You guys are so great. Thanks. I really mean it.

I got 5 hrs of sleep. whoopie (sarcastic whoopie at that) I woke up a bit ago and knew I wasn't going back to sleep regardless of the sleeping pill I took so I just got up. Then Nichole called and I filled her in. She was informed last night but easy child's cell didn't have much of a charge and we didn't have a whole lot to tell her at that point. So she got more details just a bit ago.

Katie was informed via fb by easy child last night and also by Nichole. We've not heard a peep out of her. I'll update her shortly when I update his bro's wife and that side of the family.

As long as his kidneys don't become a major issue, the cardiologist felt the heart attack was over by the time of the cath. So all they can do at this point is medications, set him up with a diet, and send him home by monday or tuesday.

I'm not sure what we're going to do about those medications. He's not had a check in 2 wks, there is no cash for medications, even cheap medications at this point. And he may come home with oxygen as well. I hope not, but he might as his O2 stats kept dropping into the lower 80s this morning. But I'll just tell the hospital staff like it is and maybe they can help me with that part.

I do have to say I was impressed with our local county hospital last night. husband was thinking it was his esophagus when he went in as he had no arm pain at all. ER was packed to the gills. (of course) So they had to move him to one of the low need rooms.....but soon as he got his EKG results they rushed in to move him back to the urgent side next to the nurses station where there were heart monitors ect and they could keep close watch on him. They did NOT dawdle on anything. It was boom boom boom from the moment we got there. He did have either a student nurse or a newly licensed nurse and poor thing was a nervous wreck trying to get his IV started. husband has bad veins, hard to find and they roll like crazy. I'd warned her of that.....but she really was having issues. I was standing on the opposite side of him and spotted a good vein. Started palpating it to bring it up to the surface better.....nice vein. Didn't say anything to the nurse....but she spotted what I was doing and asked if I'd found a good one, which I told her yeah. Then kept my finger there until she was about to poke. So no issue in getting in the IV. They had xray there in seconds, resp therapy there for O2 in seconds. They were really on it last night.

It made it nice that I am a nurse, which after the IV thing they knew, and they didn't have to go into long drawn out explanations in layman terms. Same at MV hospital where easy child works. Just makes it easier on staff and they know you're not going to fall apart at every little thing either. I had my nurse face on, so calm cool collected and very matter of fact.

However, it did sort of stun them that when husband got all snarky about not being able to smoke that I bawled him out, when he said he was going to refuse the cardiac cath I bawled him out again....then he was going to be mean to staff....and I really bawled him out. So there I am, the wife who should be over emotional and falling apart.....and I'm anything but emotional and I'm bawling a heart attack victim out. Got me a few strange looks. But I informed staff that if he gets all snarky with them to give him back his trazadone and he'll be better. lol

AND I had to make him finally give me the pin number to his bank acct for the SS and unemployment. Which I told him yet again (dunno how many times I've told him) that THIS is why I needed it. And I told him that asap my name WILL be placed onto that acct so that if anything else should happen the acct won't freeze. Idiot. Plus, he is going to help me locate and create a file will all important paperwork so that I know where everything is from here on out. He's been "taking care" of such things since my accident......and it's an utter disaster, can't find squat.

I feel bad for not acting earlier as the heart damage might have been less. "might" The man is more than 200 lbs over weight and about as medically compliant as my left foot as far as preventative care. He was long over due for this and we both know it.

When he comes home it's not going to be fun. He's going to discover he's not going to smoke. I have the bank card and I won't be giving it back, so I will be in control over money. He will follow the diet, he will loose weight, he will exercise. He will NOT leave that hospital without a script of trazadone, or I'd probably have to kill him. lol The not smoking is just as much for the Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) as the heart issue......the entire lower lobes of the mans lungs were white in the xray. omg

He will hate having a nurse for a wife.

I dunno how we're going to do all the docs ect at this point. I'll have to attempt to find the paperwork to file for medicaid......and like I said he's got all that stuff such a mess it's just not funny, it's all over the darn house.

Only thing that struck me as odd and is sticking with me is that once he got to the dayton hospital he was not acting himself. Could have been the low oxygen stats I suppose......but I cant' describe it, he just wasn't acting like himself at all. Gave me a bad feeling and still does, just is nagging at me.

I should clean. I really need to continue the cleaning. But I'm still wiped out and have no energy to do so. I may go back up and attempt a nap instead.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Yes, he WILL hate have a nurse for a wife but you know what? Tough nuts.

As for medical supplies, medications and costs, talk with one of the social workers at the hospital. They can help you with Medicaid/care, Rx assistance....anything you need. When my mom had her hear attack and bypass surgery, they got her signed up right away. And I"m sure you know, there are all sorts of programs with the drug companies for reduced or free medications.

Oh and tell husband to just TRY being mean to the staff. Heh. He'll have laxatives in his food so fast his head will spin! LOL Ok, so maybe not laxatives but you get my point.

And much as I hate to say this, be sure your house is locked up nice and tight just in case K or her oh so helpful hubby decide to come over and "help" with things.

Again....thoughts and prayers going out. Update when you can.

tiredmommy

Screw the cleaning, Lisa. You have a bad, nagging feeling? Then you go to Dayton. Call someone and get a ride now. TRUST ME ON THIS.