Need Prostate Cancer Info

tclk3

Hope someone out there can point me in the right direction. My 51 year old husband was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with prostate cancer. It's in the very early stages and very curable, but we are both still reeling from the news. It is the side effects of the treatments that has us more upset than the disease it's self. He has found a discussion board that is providing him with a lot of answers and support. What I am looking for is a forum or discussion board that focuses and helps the wives/partners/family members of men with prostate cancer. I am quickly learning, this is a disease that happens to the couple - not just the man and am in need of input from wives who have been there done that. Thanks for any help you can give me in my quest for info.
TCLK

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I only have my support to offer. Sorry for your family struggles. I will keep you in my thoughts...glad you both are reaching out for support.

kris

<span style="color: #660000">i'd have husband ask the folks on his support board. i'd be hugely surprised if this is a new issue for them. they must have some recommendations. actually i'm surprised they don't have an official *sister* board.

kris </span>

ctmom05

tclk...

You are so right that any cancer experience becomes a couples or family event and it is scarey for everyone.

Reaching out, as we do here on this board, can be a terrific form of support.

One resource that is often helpful to look over is the American Cancer Society web site at: http://www.cancer.org/ It can provide you with the roots of ideas that you need to get thru this.</span></span>