Need some advice for ME this time...

myeverything04

For the past 3 weeks I have felt like I am PMSing and I don't know how to get rid of this anger! Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) seems to tick me off lately. I started working FT 1/30/12 and my fiance and I began counceling short after but other than a few things, I don't know why I'm so angry all the sudden! I know I am a complete introvert and after working in a hospital all day, I just want to be left alone so I feel aggrevated when fiance and difficult child talk to me. I only have 1, yes 1 pair of pants/jeans that fit as I have gained weight but am too lazy to work out and feel like it's just more time away from my only child. I also know it's hard to take care of all the housework now that I'm working FT. Fiance asks to help but I gave him one thing to do the other night and then he said "I'm going out to the garage to work on my bike." I don't even feel like playing with my child anymore. I'm already on anti-depressants and just started (one week ago) Chantex to stop smoking. Today is my first day without a cig so I understand being pissy today, but what about the last 3 weeks??? I just really needed to vent :)

keista

SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder. Only certain anti depressants help this (just like only certain ones help with PMS but either way I think it's more up to the individual)

But to help things along "naturally", go out and exercise, get out and get sunlight and if you can't swing that get one of those broad spectrum light bulbs and sit under that at least an hour a day (fluorescent bulbs are better than incandescent in the house for this.) Make sure you are getting enough vitamin D. If in doubt, get a blood draw. Start counting down to April 15th. YUP tax day. Most of the country is Spring-y enough by that date to start whisking away those winter doldrums.

buddy

Maybe now is not the time to stop smoking (and I am a strong supporter of quitting) but could the chantix be making it worse? My mom could not take it...made her mad at the world. Also she felt sick on it. And just the struggle is obviously a challenge..... I was just thinking of all the other issues you are going through fighting depression to begin with, working on the relationship, do you think quitting smoking is making it worse?

If your intended hubby is wanting you to quit and you are determined, then the other side of the coin would be to just accept this time is going to stink big time, but you will come out on the other side in a far better place.

I have not gone through this but it just hit me when I read the smoking part since both parents of mine have gone through it. My dad...big success. My mom, just can't manage to do it....it is really hard.

BusynMember

I agree that maybe this is a bad time to quit smoking. You can do that when you feel better!

As one who has suffered from depression a lot, sounds like whatever medications you are on are just not helping. It took me ten years to find a combo that really helped. I would go back to psychiatrist and maybe suggest another medication (unless you have not been on them for 6-8 weeks...they take time). I was on, in order, amitripytlene, imitriplylene, nortriptylene (then the SSRIs came out and...) Prozac, Zoloft, and FINALLY Paroxatene. None of them did much for me except maybe take a bit of the edge off...I was still doing very poorly, plus I had side effects to some that were intolerable. I went to a doctor feeling SO badly that I was ready to beg for ECT. Instead he told me to try a new drug at the time paraxotene. I didn't expect it to work. About six weeks later, I was a brand new person, mood-wise. I have been on it for over twenty years.

Sometimes it takes a long time to find the right medication. Exercise is GREAT for mood problem. I don't believe it can take away severe depression, but it certainly can help you maintain. I work out quite a bit (and I hate it...lol). Hugs and good luck!

Vent away!! You've got way too much on your plate and no time to take care of your own needs. You don't feel like working out, it's more time away from your child, but you don't feel like playing with your child. It seems to me that time away from your child is exactly what you need. Take a break from everything. Have your fiance, someone in your extended family, a friend, etc. watch your child. Do one thing that will make you feel better about yourself. Go for a walk, get some fresh air, some exercise, go out for coffee with a friend, take a class just for fun, read a book, etc.., etc..., etc... Let some of the housework go. It'll always be there when you feel like tackling it. By investing some time in yourself, you'll feel better about yourself, and in return, will feel like giving more of yourself to others. The time you spend playing with your child will be quality time, not one more thing on the to-do list that needs checking off. Feeling like you have the world on your shoulders and no one to take care of you, is a horrible way to live. I've been there done that...

Just my two cents, take what you want, leave the rest... Thinking of you today... Hugs... SFR

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Double check the warnings for the Chantix!!!

I believe it interferes with SSRI's (anti-depressants)...AND can make you irritable. You may need to discontinue this medication.

(((hugs)))