Need some board magic mojo

everywoman

Get out the chicken feathers. Rattle the Beads. Start the Bonfire. And get Nekkiddddd people. difficult child just texted----had a interview at Chuckie Cheese---he really needs a break---and a job! He has interviewed for about 20 in the last 3 weeks. He doesn't interview well. And his teeth look so bad----He texted me last night and told me he thinks his appearance is getting in the way of anyone giving him a chance. With a felony and little work experience it is not easy to find anyone to give you a job. So, board aunties----dance, dance, dance! (I reallly don't want him to come home again!)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Every woman -

I'm dancing in the moon light with chicken livers taped to my elbows and I'm about as nekkid as a baboon without a loin cloth.

Chicky chicky - ogah chalka oogah chalka....boom boom.

- Question about his teeth -

Do you live near a university that has school of medicine?
Sometimes they will take patients if they need someone like what ever is wrong with him - for teaching and charge very little or nothing.

Also - some dentist may have a heart and could at least fix the front teeth for him maybe for nothing - never EVER hurts to write every dentist and explain situation and ask - my dds does free work for battered women -

Just a thought - as i dance away
Hugs
Star

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm doing the naked chicken liver dance, but inside the house because it's snowy and COLD outside! I'm sure it won't hurt the mojo and the neighbors will appreciate not witnessing this display.

Oh........and I'll cross my fingers, too!

Suz

everywoman

Thanks ya'll.
Star---it's not really a money thing. It's more his anxiety. Last year I had it all set up with a local dentist. He couldn't even make it through the initial exam. He left the office. His phobia is so bad.....and since he is recovering and one of his drugs of choice was xanex...well...I'm in a small coastal town. He is in Charleston and could possibly use MUSC---if I could get him there.

Dance away. Hopefully something will come through soon. He has a small part time job with his college setting up for events---but the hours are few and far between and we are trying to make him support himself as much as possible.

scent of cedar

Thoughts and prayers going up for your son. It must take more courage than we can even imagine for him to risk the vulnerability of an interview.

Barbara

DammitJanet

Well...I will get nekkid for ya but I hope chair dancing is ok...lol.

Hope this goes good for difficult child. Maybe he could get a job as the Big Rat and be inside a costume!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It's way to cold to dance nekked here so I will just dance with my clothes on thank you very much. Hope the interview goes well.

Perhaps something homepathic would help with his dental anxiety? Or a hypnotherapist type of thing?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, I'm nakkkkkeeeed but instead of chicken feathers (too ticklish) I've opted for a mink stole. (I just knew it would come in handy someday) My kitchen will have to do because there is snow outside and it's freezing out there.

I so understand the dentist anxiety thing. I'm living it too, and my teeth aren't probably in any better shape. But soon as the tax money is here, well I'm biting the bullet and praying it ain't too late. Just discovered our insurance covers you being put to sleep while they work on your teeth. Works for me. lol

Wishing the boy tons of luck, sending good vibes, and crossing body parts. Which is making the dancing difficult, but hey ya don't get somethin' without workin'.

((hugs))

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'll do the dance but I wouldn't want to tempt fate by being nekked.
Seriously, it's a bear to think that one of the obstacles is his teeth while knowing how hard it is for him to handle this particular problem. Hopefully he will get a break and get this little success.

susiestar

Roll With It
Dancing here for ya!

Is there a dentist who does hypnotherapy? You can be hypnotized for the EXAM as well as for the treatment. It is amazingly effective. husband had several teeth pulled with no anesthetic before he got braces. The dentist would have given him medications if he showed any sign of pain, but he didn't. He jsut remembers chatting, then being told he could leave. He asked if he had to come back to get the teeth pulled, and they gave them to him in a little jar.

This might be a way to get his teeth fixed.

Has he tried the Crest Whitestrips or one of the other whiteners? Just a thought, but I hate to hear that his teeth are keeping him from getting a job. Even just as ONE factor.

Susie

everywoman

Barbara---
): No news. But it's been that way with every interview he's been on. Do these people not understand what it takes for him to even get out there. And then not even a call to say "no thank you." UGH!

rejectedmom

Sorry I'm late posting to this thread but I will continue to send good thoughts for your son and for all the difficult child's who are struggling.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
No, unfortunately most employers are inundated with applications and have forgotten the niceties of keeping applicants informed. Still, I wouldn't give up hope yet.

Did you difficult child write a note of thanks to the person who interviewed him? That's pretty much a necessity these days. It also gives the applicant another opportunity to tell the prospective employer how "right" he is for the job.

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
EW -

Could you get him to Sextons in Florence? And have him put to sleep? They do fantastic, quick and cheap but very good work. And that's not too far from you. I think??

Hugs
and yes MUSC is a teaching dentistry school - they are not as inexpensive as Florence, but they are good.

mom_to_3

Fingers crossed that any job is offered to your difficult child. My difficult child has a tarnished record and has difficulty getting a job too. Sad that your difficult child has more than just one obstacle to overcome. Hopefully, he can get his teeth fixed with the least amount of anxiety.

scent of cedar

I'm sorry, EW.

How is difficult child taking it?

Could he do a Craig's List ad for yardwork or general handyman stuff? There is a company called "Two Men and a Truck" which became a national franchise. No special skills, just handyman stuff or moving ~ but there is much need for that kind of help these days. Snow shoveling or lawn mowing or raking ~ you never know. (I know difficult child would only be one man, no truck at this point. :) But the idea is a good one, I think....)

Barbara