Need Some Help With A Toy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This is going to be difficult because I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for.

But Darrin loves his cars and trucks. But I've been noticing lately that he really loves to load his trucks up with stuff. Hauling things like Daddy often does with his truck. This sort of play could keep him busy for HOURS. Except that it's hard to find things that will fit into his toy trucks.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a toy truck or playset that has a truck with maybe animals or something that can be hauled either in the truck or in a trailor. (he thinks trailors are cool lol) The more things that can be hauled the better. Darrin is playing with much older toys than for his age group (3-4 yrs), but it would also have to be sturdy because he's gonna fall in love with it and play with it to death.

I've looked at all the stores around here and really haven't seen much. Tonka I think has a truck with a trailor that hauls a horse.

easy child and I are planning a pre xmas shopping trip up to Dayton to see what they have. Price isn't too much a consideration because if it's too pricey it'll be his only gift.

I figured if anyone can help me to come with ideas or solutions it'll be all the Moms and grandmas here. lol

Thanks

Star*

call 911........call 911
I would go to Toys R Us - and look there too. My son was also a "hauler" his fav. toy growing up was a large, yellow Tonka dump truck that he would put EVERYTHING in and push around the yard making truck noises. (I can see him in my mind doing it now)

He would push that dump truck around forever and I built him a 10'x10' sandbox for the rest of his trucks and cars. Right about this time of year Kmart also gets some really nice sets in.

Also if you have a CAT store (Caterpillar dealer) they have TOTALLY cool toys - I know this because I own some. And I got a silver log chain bracelet too! haha.

Also if you have a Quality Farm and Fleet or something like that - they usually have truck/trailer sets.

If I find anything else I'll let you know. I do know Fisher Price has the most awesome little building city with dump trucks and all, but if he's like my son was about moving? You'd be better off with something for older kids.

goldenguru

We have a wonderful selection of Tonkas.

I still have my son's. I am saving them for the grands. Tonkas are timeless.

susiestar

Roll With It
Look for breyer brand if you want to spend a ton. If you can get a tonka, then get some rocks at lowes or home depot or even walmart to make that wonderful dumping sound. I used to love the little clear or colored transparent rocks they now use for Pente and flower arranging.

If all else fails, "Nothin Runs Like A Deere" - see your local John Deere Dealer or farm and home supply (here we have the Feed Mill, Atwoods, and in OKC we have Tractor Supply - touted by my FAVE George Strait!!!)

If someone is handy, have them cut and sand wood squares or rectangles, measured to fit the Tonka of course!! They can be painted to be whatever you want.

by the way, from my dad's generation, to mine, to my kids, Tonka is the best we have found for the $$$

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Like star said Farm and Fleet. I would imagine any farm supply store might get some at this time of year. We bought a whole set of stuff for of all people easy child (this girl is so diverse). Trucks animals tractors the stuff that goes with it. It is amazing. I don't remember the brands though. I will have to see if she has any of it not buried away and I will let you know.

Beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks for reminding me about the farm and fleet stores. We have a TSC in town. I think I'll stop in there and see what they have.

Many years ago all Nichole wanted for xmas was a tractor/wagon and animals to load into it. I forgot all about that. Now I know why this theme seemed so familiar to me. I found it for her there. (after searching everywhere first) and I'm pretty sure it was a John Deere. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that they have something along those lines again.

Love the decor rocks idea too. If it was summer I'd just let him load up the rocks in my driveway like he always does. lol And sticks, and leaves, and blades of grass.....

But the decor rocks will work well inside.