Need some positive thoughts, prayers whatever you would like to send.

StressedM0mma

difficult child ended up not going to school at all last week. We tried to get in contact with the G.C., but a child in her class passed away unexpectedly, and he was overwhelmed with that. I am really hoping that she can go tmrw, and am super stressed out over this. husband and I agree that she has to do this. We cannot "fix it". I have her getting up, getting ready and I am driving her to school every morning, but when we get there, she can't do it. She won't let them come to get her, because her gym class is out where she was normally taken into school, so the could see her. And, she won't do the main doors for the same reason. At this point I am on anxiety overdrive.
We are waiting to hear from the G.C. to do homebound but with such little time let in the year, I am not sure it is possible.

Please send some positive vibes that she will go into school tomorrow morning. She is a great kid, and I want the best for her. I just do not know what else to do to help at this point.

Calamity Jane

Absolutely. Positive thoughts and prayers for you both. I know she doesn't want to be this way. I am very sorry about the child who passed away last week - that is awful.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Positive thoughts and prayers that your difficult child goes to school tomorrow. Hugs to you Mom, it's been a tough week.........

StressedM0mma

Thanks everyone. It has been a very hard week. She gets there, and just can't do it. I am sure I could physically force her into the building, but she would just shut down. I am hoping that by not forcing her we can make her own this issue, and help her in the long run. I was doing Ok until about Fri, and since then I have gotten more and more worried.

I just want to cry, but I have to be very careful not to cry in front of her because that will just set her off.

We are trying to get a therapist appointment. for this week. Do you guys think we should call the psychiatrist as well? We just had an appointment. about 1 1/2 weeks ago, and do not go back for 5 weeks. I don't really want to monkey with medications at this point, so I am not sure what she could do.

DDD

Which one is she more comfortable with? Whichever...that's the one I would opt for. It must be upsetting for her and I'm sure it is upsetting for you. Any chance that a change of timing might help? Like going early so she doesn't have to be "seen"? Hang in there and know that we all are sending supportive thoughts and prayers your way. DDD

buddy

Can she just get a medical excuse out of gym? Maybe an independent study with her horses could substitute for the credit?

I'm so sorry for all of you. Have they responded to your written request for an evaluation for sp. Ed?

I hope your t or p docs can help! Are there any alternative schools anywhere by you? I forgot from when this happened before. Any charter schools with alternative scheduling?....I'm sure you have checked everything, i just feel so bad for you....so here's a hug.

I hope tomorrow goes ok. If she is late maybe just plan for after pe and have the staff person come. Then her class won't see her.

Sending positive vibes your way.........

L

Liahona

You have been doing a great job of letting her own this problem. She is working on it this is just a very long process and very frustrating. You have been doing great supporting her as she works on it. You drive her everyday. You get her school work. You contact the g.c.

StressedM0mma

Thanks everyone. It is just super hard. I finally just broke down last night when I went to bed. It is breaking my mommy heart that I cannot fix this for her, but I know we will be doing her no favors by doing that. (besides she reminds me that I cannot fi everything for her!)

husband is getting frustrated. (Big surprise) I asked him to take her this morning on his way to work, and he of course can't because he will just get to upset when she doesn't get out of the car. Um, yeah. I get upset and scared every.single.day Then he wanted her to be unexcused. I told him no. I just cannot deal with the truant people and the courts right now. (Because it will be me handling it.)

TerryJ2

I'm sending coping vibes to both you and your daughter. And I am so sorry about the student who passed away. So sad.

StressedM0mma

Well, husband Finally managed to talk to her G.C. We are just moving ahead with homebound. husband stopped at the psychiatrist's office and asked for a note stating she needs to homebound. He will get it tomorrow fingers crossed. difficult child was so relieved when we told her. She is sound asleep on the sofa right now. It was like she just collapsed when we let her know.

When I got home this afternoon, she looked so sad and depressed. She was sitting where I left her in the morning. She hadn't eaten anything, and hadn't even brushed her hair. I really hope this is the answer. She said that she was thinking that on the days she didn't have home bound she would go into school to work on her online classes. She can't do the tests or quizzes at home. They need "unlocked"

InsaneCdn

Her problem isn't facing "school", it's facing her peers. She's also not afraid of the "work". So, for her to be willing to go into school for tests etc. - well, that doesn't involve peers. And it's a good thing to keep THAT connection up... the ability to even BE in school at all.

And then... maybe she'll have more energy to put into her horse... and the therapeutic effects of THAT may be part of what she needs, too.

And THEN... you need to start planning NOW for next year.
Including, if you can, an IEP instead of a 504... because the 504 failed her this year.

L

Liahona

She is probably disappointed in herself for not going. Plus anxiety and depression can be very close. Sending good thought to all 3 of you.