Need some positive vibes

everywoman

Today I will put in a an offer on a house. It is the perfect house for me. I looked at it a few months ago and have been waiting on my final divorce decree---but they have dropped the price. So, I called a real estate friend, she had me apply for pre-approval, and even with ex's mortgage on my credit, I still pre-qualify. I asked him to refinance a few months ago, and he told me that I don't need a house---I can just rent---UGH!!! So, today I will sign an offer on house for ME! Good thoughts and prayers that this goes smoothly.

(PS, I know the owners of the house and they desperately need to sell, so this would be a blessing for them as well.)

TerryJ2

Ohhh, how neat! I'm sending happy, good luck, fiscally sound, monetarily liquid vibes your way!!!

Poopies on your ex-husband. It's because of decrees like that, that you left him. Among other things. It's not for him to say what you do any more. So THERE!!!

keista

Congrats and good Luck!

You may already know/be doing this, but just in case, some unsolicited advice/thought: If you are still on soon to be ex's mortgage make sure the divorce decree says you must be removed by either the MTG co or him refinancing. If something goes wrong for him you don't want it biting you in the butt.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Simple thing for STBX to do - a quitclaim, saying you have no right/responsibility on mtg. MAKE SURE it's in the decree. BFF E just found out he is still on his X's mtg...

And I am sending good vibes to you!