Need to come up with a name for my booth at the Mall

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Cant think of anything really catchy - you guys are so clever so I thought I would ask if anyone have an idea or two?

I came up with Chotchkie's - but am thinking that may be too much of a mouthful. I wanna cringe anyway when people never seen to get my last name right -ever - they get thru and repeat Mac..Mac...Mac ok but the rest of it, forget it. I even stopped using it cept on legal documents as I just was getting irritated anytime anyone called out my name. Now there would be two words on a business card no one can pronounce

Other than "Lost and Found" a play on how I get the items to sell - thats the limit of my creativity.

Any ideas?

Marcie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well - How about something simple, and catchy?

Macs - at the Mall

cause I have no Idea what Chachis is - or what you sell.

susiestar

Roll With It
what is it that you are selling? I have a hard time thinking up names if I don't know the product and the market you are going for (assuming mall shoppers, but is there a certain age group or other demographic?).

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
What's Old is New

Treasure Chest

Little Shop of Treasures

Finders Keepers

Been There, Done That

Junktiques

That's it for now! Good luck, sounds fun!

keista

Small Wonders - exactly what I think of when I hear Chotchkies.

Or you can spell it " Chachkies" Ppl don't like the t in there and the o just makes me think of chocolate and cookies when reading it - love the word - one of my faves.

Chach Keys

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Would probably help to know what I am selling LOL and its at an antique mall, not a mall mall - hugh old building with individual sellers of "stuff" aka chotchkies aka dust collectors

SO helps his friend clean out storage units when they have gone up for auction but no one has bid on them - they are hired to take the stuff to the dump and they come across lots of good collectibles. Its a lot of old china,books, depression glass, knick nacs from the 40's and 50's, tea pots, silver, vases, dolls, old time toys, candle holders, jewelry waterglobes, old posters, records, paintings and that sort of thing. And there are new things as well that still have the price tags on them, never been opened or used. Not to mention that I absolutely cannot drive by a yard sale without stopping

SO and I have talked about doing this for months now -we were going to do the local swap meets but at 60.00 a weekend setting up/taking down, carting this stuff back and forth, the space at 100.00 a month was a deal, and they have floor sellers so all we have to do is stick on a price and put it in there. Figure nothing ventured nothing gained.

Marcie

DDD

Usually there are "regular" venders in this field. Have you analyzed how they are named? If they have sophisticated "Frenchy" names then you would want to fit in...like the new kid on the block, lol. If they use their names then lean that way. Generic names like "Olde Finds" might be worth considering if there is no pattern. No matter what direction you go I would absolutely aim for simplicity. I think you're right on regarding difficult names. Just think about social situations the names you remember if you have met alot of new people are most likely "Sue Smith" or "Karen Brown"....unusual names don't click in the brain because there are no cerebral associations. DDD

Malika

If your partner is called Nick, you could try Nick's Nacks! If you and your customers don't mind some improvised spelling :)

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Hmmm...No he's not a Nick - but that is a good one Malika LOL

Looked at a lot of people's cards - most of them had no connection to what they were selling, like Guilty Pleasures for someone that sold mostly porcelain stuff

Marcie

keista

...or Mac's Knacks

Just for inspiration, my favorie Antique store name is one locally here. They primarily sell Gas Station memorabilia. The name: Past Gas

:rofl: every time I drive by.