Need to know how to fight this fight! Please help!

ShakespeareMamaX

So I wrote my letter...the one demanding an evaluation for my difficult child from his school.

I know it has to be done, but...

...well, I have no idea what they do!

What kind of tests do they do? How do they do the testing? How long does it take?

The reason I call this a fight is because the school is reluctant to do these tests as "we don't think he'll be able to sit long enough to do them".

They now will HAVE to do the test after submitting this letter (within 60 days), but I have no idea what to point out about what they have to do! I don't know what to expect.

Ahhh! Please respond ASAP if you have any knowledge on this subject!

Thanks! :surprise:

nvts

Hey! MWM is right, Sheila and Martie know all of this stuff.

In NYC, we had to provide a script from the gp for an Occupational evaluation. Primarily, on a generic evaluation, they do IQ, apptitude and sometimes a "social" evaluation (the school Psychologist will observe classroom behavior, lunchroom, outside play, etc.) if he's behavioral.

What did you put in the letter? What is the ultimate goal? Are you looking for an IEP to be put in place or a BIP (Behavioral Intervention Plan)?

We've been through the ringer on these things. Don't drive yourself nuts and DON'T be intimidated by them. Think of your request as the building blocks for his "free and appropriate" education that he's entitled to.

I love a good fight - so let me know what I can do to help!!!

:smile:

Beth

Janna

The Wischler Tests? They test all areas of learning and such....darn, I have all the papers, but I don't have time to search through them.

Dylan had a full set of tests from the school. If you want, I can type everything out for you, what he had. But PM me, so if you don't want it, I don't do all that typing for nothing LOL!

J