Needed comfort food tonight...

tiredmommy

because Duckie found out today her really good friend is moving to Phoenix this autumn. She's bummed (& so am I!) so I made her favorite homemade macaroni and cheese, with kielbasa and fresh steamed broccoli. I think it helped on some level.

What's your favorite comfort food?

LittleDudesMom

Chicken Paprika is one of my favorite comfort foods - my grandmother made it for my father, then she passed the recipe along to my mother and mom made if for the four of us kids. I remember the way the kitchen smelled when mom plugged in that electric skillet and started to brown the paprika coated chicken!

Glad Duckie enjoyed her comfort food!

Sharon

lmf64

Thanksgiving dinner, all of it. I love mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing with gravy. I know, I know all carbs, but when I am down I want spuds!
difficult child says his favorite food is Chinese. He loves to go to a local chinese buffet and eat and eat and eat. lol

KTMom91

Macaroni & cheese is a big one. Homemade biscuits, too, with lots of butter. Pie. Cupcakes.

All carbs. Not too healthy, is it?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I have blueberry muffins in the oven even as we speak.

Linguine & clam sauce or clam chowder. I could go on but I would sound like a glutton.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Crumb breaded (try matzo meal for this) lake perch or sole/flounder served up with home-made pan-fried "chips" (french fries) and a nice, big salad.

Friday nights were "milchig" (dairy) nights in our Orthodox household and my mother is from England, so this was comfort food in more ways than one.

Since husband died I haven't made fish and chips at home even though I much prefer the breaded to the batter dipped "fish fries" you get up here.

It hasn't seemed worth it and it seems like you get grease in places you hadn't even imagined.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I have a couple...

Grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup...

... and the other is meatloaf with twice baked potatoes. My recipes! (ok- I'm bragging :D )

Suz

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
How can I forget Campbell's tomato soup made with milk and grilled (Kraft) american cheese sandwiches.

Lox and cream cheese and onions on fresh bagels. You want the "raw-looing" smoked salmon, not the dry stuff with the skin still on.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
The bread a local Italian place makes. Pumpkin pie. I also used to love my grandma's chicken noodle soup. Somehow it just isn't the same when others make it.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Sigh, all things caloric: blanquette of veal, crème brûlée, about 300 of the 400 different types of French cheeses, with bread just purchased warm from the bakery. Greek egg lemon soup. This would have to be my last meal because it surely would kill me.

tiredmommy

Tonight's comfort food: Mexican Lasagna. It's made in a pie plate, layered from the bottom up: salsa, tortilla (cut to size), refried beans, browned ground beef & salsa mixture, sour cream, Mexican blend cheese. Cook @ 350F for 30 minutes, Repeat the layers, top with shredded lettuce and more salsa & sour cream. Yum!

DammitJanet

TM....you will have to try her one day on Auntie Janet's grilled cheese sandwich sometime. That is what we have always called my grilled cheese with grape jelly on top. My mom called it a Janet Sandwich when I was growing up. I have no idea why I started liking grilled cheese with grape jelly but it is to die for! Yes it sounds nasty...lol. And it is messy!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Rob came home when he was about 5 after having lunch at a kid's house and announced that from that day forward he was only going to eat grilled cheese sandwiches if we had applesauce to spread on top. I thought he was nuts until I tasted it- it's delicious!

Suz