Needing direction

happymomof2

Hi All, I haven't posted in a while hope everyone is doing well, or as well as can be expected dealing with our difficult child's and all that life has put on us.

I have spent the last hour on google looking for a support group for parents that think there teen might contemplate suicide over a break up with a significant other. Found all kinds of info but wanted an on line support group to talk to other parents who have or are going through this.

Can anyone direct me or perhaps anyone here gone through this and I can talk to you?

Thank-You

BusynMember

I think you should take him quickly to a psychiatrist...like NOW. Any sort of suicide contemplation is serious and I think you need to get him ASAP help and hold off on the support group for yourself and/or him. Has he just expressed suicide or acted on it already? Either way, this should be taken very seriously.
Sorry you're going through it.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I agree with MWM, you should get your difficult child in to be assessed ASAP. In the mean time, I think you should call the local suicide hotline and talk to one of the professionals there. They should be able to tell you more specifically what to do based on what you are observing.

I'm so sorry this is happening in your life. How very scary. :(

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hello!

I agree! Act swiftly on the side of caution if you even have an inkling that your child might be contemplating suicide....ER NOW!

--DaisyF