Negative Nellie

shellyd67

For the last two weeks I have been so negative.

I am so down in the dumps about difficult child.

He has been off the hook with behavior, schoolwork, just everything.

I have set up a meeting with his teacher on Thursday and I hand delivered a letter to the Special Education director for our SD yesterday about difficult child's IEP.

difficult child also has a psychiatrist appointment next Tues afternoon and I think I found a therapist for myself.

She specializes in parents who have children with Learning Disability (LD)'s, ADHD, Aspergers, and all around behavior problems.

She accepts my insurance plan and I am just waiting to hear of availability from her.

difficult child has had 1:1 therapy but she will also meet with him and our the rest of the family eventually.

I really want to start first and then move everyone into the mix.

Having a plan has helped a little with my funk.

Not only am I feeling sorry for myself but difficult child too.

This too shall pass (I guess/hope)

Thanks for all your support. Shelly

Jena

hi

it sounds like you have everything lined up really well, and it does give some sense of relief to get things accomplished and bel proactive instead of the spinning wheels affect.

It'll take time, and the therapy for you will help alot. I go in at times and just sit and vent away and don't really "fix" anything yet just releases it, hearing feedback helps me get it into perspective.

I think your plan is a really good one. It will pass, I too do my share of complaining and have those oh why her, why me days. yet lately what i've been trying to do is look at the benefits of the disorder.

Sounds odd, yet i have come to find that each child that has some sort of mental illness also has some sort of special quality that our other kids easy child's or your typical functioning kids may not have. For instance my daughter has bipolar/Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)/anxiety etc. yet she is incredibly creative and brilliant with writing music, lyrics, stories her artwork. She is beyond her years in it.

Lately i've been trying to tell her yes you have alot of challenges ahead (they'll make you stronger) yet you also have alot of "special powers and gifts" that came along with it. Focus on those.

i used to keep a daily gratitude journal, i gotta get back to it. I'd wake up and say ok what's good about today sort of thing. Not sure if it'll help you.... yet most times when i searched for what was good in that particular moment all my basic needs had been medication. I wasn't hungry or thirsty iwas in a safe place, i knew where my difficult child was, etc. etc.

just an idea :)

hang in there.... sometimes we just gotta let ourselves feel whatever we're feeling.... it'll pass

((Hugs))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Watch it all - there are written messages ESPECIALLY for people who have FUNK -

HUGS & LOVE - PEACE OUT - BABY!!!!!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UypeE3zTwBs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WHAT HAPPEN IF YOU ........FAKE ..........THE FUNK???????? :choir:

there - I've provided you with at least 14 men who want yo' funk....give it to them.

Jena

always ........... if weather's nice go take a walk outside. i sat on my steps this morning looking at my little garden thats' coming along. it helps.

((hugs))

shellyd67

Star, you my friend are truly the best. You have such awesome qualities and ALWAYS make me LMAO with your responses....

GOTTA HAVE THAT FUNK !!!!!! :bigsmile::dance:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Come on SHELLY................GET DOWN - GET FUNKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

author notes getting funky way better than smellin' funky.

I"M SOULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DONKEY TODAY FOR YOU BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shellyd67

OK so I am dancing around my livingroom to "We got the Funk" when all of the sudden the phone rings.

It is the therapist I have been waiting to set up an appointment with.

Her first available appointment ????? difficult child's Birthday !!!! How ironic ! ROTFLMBO :rofl::its_all_good:

So the funk has left the building !!!

shellyd67

WHOO-HOO ... My day has gotten even better.

Just so happens husband runs into a friend today who happens to be a HS Principal in another SD.

husband begins to pick his brain about IEP for difficult child.

Turns out friend is a State Certified Advocate who will go to bat for us !!!!!

I am doing a serious happy dance !!!!!:woohoo::dance:

husband gave him some history and he is more than happy to meet with us over dinner and go over reports,records, etc.

They talked for over an hour and husband said he gave him difficult child's info from K thru now and just how things have taken a huge slide, etc.

I couldn't be more thrilled. He has been handling IEP cases for over 8 years and seems to really know his stuff !

Have a great night everyone !!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
So now when things go bad...............???????? YOU HAVE YOUR MAGIC DANCE!!!!! ta da!!!!

Who would have thought that 14, very cool black dudes from Parliament in vintage 70's clothing waiting for the Mothership to land and playing groovy music in your living room was your 'niche'?

And what was with that skirt made from rubber skeletons? okay? THAT was funk. That and that fur hat. Brother - even for the 70's it was beyond Huggy Bear.

I think all your news is Ghetto Fabulous ShellyD - Gimme 5 - You are a dancin' machine and you DeFunked tha house!

Congratulations dear!