Nerd dreading thing.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I think my laptop is going down. :faint" OMG. It can't take two functions at the same time.

This is NOT good timing.

It might be something as simple as the fan, or maybe....I only have about 0.00005 megs left on my hard drive.

I'm going to have to go to rehab for this.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Uh oh! That doesn't sound good....

I hope you don't have to LEAVE us! At least not for very long! Better get that checked out...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Abbey, my dear ~ do me a favor & back up your laptop ASAP. I can stop panicking at you losing all of your data.

It is generally cheaper to purchase a new laptop than repair/rehab one. Good luck in the search for what is going on.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
ditto what timerlady said......BACKUP immediately! fans are pretty cheap if you can find one that fits and if that is the only problem......other wise new is better than a bandaid on the old......

Lothlorien

Get yourself an external hardrive and store all of your extra data on there and wipe out as much as you can on the laptop.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I've backed up the important things...mainly my book. The other 100 gigs are just music and I can always get them from husband.

It's funny how you get so dependent on something.

Ha, Beth!! Will he drive to Oshkosh? ;)

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
When you get to the islands, drop kick that sucker into a volcano.
But do back it up before you loose your data.

TerryJ2

Abbey, b4 you go to rehab, backup everything on a disk!

Can't you erase some stuff? Music and graphics take up a lot of space. Then defrag it. That should give your some more time/space.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Islands??? (Someone get Star a map.) That word does not even exist in WI.

I really have nothing on here except my browser, book and music. I even deleted Solitaire!!! (shudder)

Ohhh...evil thought. Maybe I could delete my 100 gigs of music and then look at husband and go...I don't know!!! Now I can't DJ!!! Darn it all. ;)

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey

External hard drives are a blessing and truely wonderful. I have 2. Travis has a couple too. And they aren't very expensive either. A must I'd imagine for laptops.

Huge amount of storage space is at your desposal everytime you plug it into the laptop.

No I couldn't handle the withdrawl either. Actually, my withdrawl symptoms are so severe that if Travis can't fix the problem, Heaven and Earth are moved til I have a new computer. :rofl:

Although, after seeing all of the issues Travis, husband, and easy child have had with their laptops...........I'm sticking to consoles. :D

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Hey it is only a 4 hour drive. We drive 3 to get to the difficult child's so what is another hour. I mean I could make a weekend of it. Course I just asked him, he didn't say no. He just smiled at me. Hmmmmm

beth

OpenWindow

Oh no! I'm so dependent on my laptop... it started cracking about 4 months ago and Apple sent me a box to mail it in to them to fix for FREE, but I can't imagine being without it so I keep putting off sending it away. Yep, I'm addicted.

I've started using an external hard drive for all the work I do on my laptop. Everything seems to take up so much memory today it seemed to solve a lot of problems.

Good luck... hope you don't have to do without your 'puter for long!

Linda