Nerves Are Shot

B

Bunny

This Nor'easter on top of the hurriace in going to be the death of me. I'm usually not like this about winter storms, but I am so worried about losing power. We just got it back and I barely got difficult child through 5 cold days of no power without anyone getting hurt. I don't want to deal with it again.

They missed 6 days of school because of the storm. Now he's already asking if I've heard anything about school being cancelled tomorrow. Is he kidding me? The last thing I need, want, or desire is for this kid to be home from school again!

Plus husband has to drive home from work in this nasty weather, and that always makes me nervous.

I'm having a glass of wine in the hopes that it will calm the nerves until husband gets home. I don't want to have alot because I need to have my wits about me in case I start to have trouble with difficult child.

Just get me through this night. Please.

JKF

Bunny - I'm right there with you! We're in north Jersey and while we didn't get too much flooding we got slammed by the winds of Sandy. We had 5 days of no power too and there are still so many of our friends and family without it! JCP&L is now giving estimates of maybe next Tuesday! Crazy! Anyway it's snowing and windy here. We have about 3 inches already and hubby's truck just broke down. He's having a fit bc he has to plow! Uggggh!

My difficult child #2 is also going on about maybe no school tomorrow. Praying to the gods above that it all melts and is sunny and beautiful tomorrow and off to school he goes!

Enjoy your wine and stay safe!

B

Bunny

There are people here who still have no power, too. husband's aunt and uncle are elderly and they don't have power back yet. There are people who just got it back yesterday and are not being told they could lose it again! Ugh!

I hope you get through the storm without losing power. This weather is crazy!

JKF

It is definitely crazy! We are hearing constant sirens bc there are so many house fires due to people trying to stay warm etc. It's complete chaos up here as I'm sure it is everywhere in NJ!

It's really windy now and snow is really coming down out there. Hubby fixed his truck for plowing but I just found out difficult child 2 has a delayed opening tomorrow! Uggggh!

Praying you keep power and get through this with your sanity!

TerryJ2

Fingers crossed for you, JFK and Bunny. And to have g'sfg on top of it all.
Don't worry about the wine, Bunny. I'm sure you'll be fine. And you deserve a glass. :)

B

Bunny

We did not lose power, but the school district called early this morning advising that schools are closed today. Again.

easy child is still sleeping. difficult child, on the other hand, was up at 4:30 to finish homework that he did not finish last night and he is chomping at the bit to go outside and play in the snow. He asked what time he could go out and I told him 9. He wasn't happy about having to wait that long, and he started to argue, but I told him that if he did he would not be allowed to go out at all, which is really more punishment for me than for him, but he said, "Alright," and walked away. Not bad.

Hopefully it stays a good day.

How did everyone else make out?

svengandhi

My one real phobia is snow and ice. I used to ride the subway up to the Bronx or out to Brooklyn at night alone but I shake with fear at a snowflake. This worked to my advantage yesterday because I bugged out of work early and caught a 3ish train. My usual train under the modified schedule wound up getting home 3 hours late. I took today off because we had a team meeting for baby boy but it's canceled because school is closed again and I don't know when they'll be able to redo it. We are taking him out of AIS and hopefully getting him an Ipad for school work.

I have not had power since 7 PM on the 29th. LIPA can't/won't give any estimates and I haven't seen any LIPA or other trucks in my area. Last night a wire came down but H said it was just the old cablevision wire and he cut it with a tool. There's a community center open but I won't go there till I shower. I made an appointment for us to shower at a local facilty today but H needs to take me. I won't drive in snow and besides my car has no gas. Can't do laundry. We're cooking off a propane camp stove that sits on the table. H made sloppy joes last night and we put the leftovers on the stoop because it's colder than our fridge. But for me personally, the most upsetting thing is that my lapband surgery has been postponed indefinitely because the hospital is barely functioning. I had already started my pre-op liquid diet.

I told H last night that when I retire I am NEVER going to see snow in person ever again.