Nervous about tomorrow

Wiped Out

Staff member
Tomorrow is the arbitration hearing to see if difficult child will get the extra services we are hoping to get him. It involves wrap around services as well as respite.

husband has no sick days left so he can't come with me. Fortunately my t-doctor is going to be there in support. It sounds like I will go into this meeting and a bunch of people will be there asking questions. I also get a chance to speak-think I'll be making some notes tonight so I don't forget what I want to say. Then I get to go wait in the hall and they vote. From the way it sounds I will find out tomorrow.

Last week my therapist told me the director of her place has gone to several of the meetings and come away frustrated with the questions they ask the parents.

The meeting is at 3:25 tomorrow. Wish me luck!

smallworld

Sharon, sending positive thoughts your way. Glad therapist will be there to support you. We'll all be there, too, in spirit. Good luck!

Tiapet

Old Hand
Good luck with your meeting tomorrow. Sounds like your are preparing well and it's great you have your therapist able to go in there too. I hope they meet your needs and if for some reason it doesn't quite go as planned then at least there is some reasonable compromise made!

Sharon,

I'm glad your therapist is going to be with you. I know you've got that:warrior: shined up and ready to go to battle!!!

I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck!!! WFEN

slsh

member since 1999
Sharon - I will be thinking of you this afternoon. Don't let their questions throw you. Remember, you are the mother of a difficult child - you can handle *any*thing!! ;)

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

The positive vibes from this board are amazing!!!

difficult child has qualified for the program! The hearing went fine-it was short actually. The first person who interviewed us last week spoke, then my therapist, and finally me.

I cried when I started talking about the violence in our home and how much I hate that easy child sees it and what it takes out of us as parents. I didn't want to cry but the tears came anyways.

They had very few questions to ask (I've been told there are often many). They made their decision in about 5 minutes!

I'm so glad my therapist was there. She is always so supportive. She said I should be wearing my parenting crown high today (our language I guess would be my warrior mom armor was ready to go).

I can't thank you enough for all of your support. You are all such inspirations to me.

The program will start in April or May and go for 6 months. It is my understanding we will receive wrap-around services and best of all RESPITE!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
:warrior::congrats::woohoo:Way To Go!!! Respite!!! WOOHOO!!! Coming in late with a post but I read it last night and was thinking of ya!!!

slsh

member since 1999
Sharon- I am just tinkled pink for you!!! This is long overdue. You guys definitely need some support.

Congratulations!!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
:bigsmile: Thank goodness! It seems you have been in a holding pattern forever. Every day was the same old, same old. Very "Groundhog Day" movie.

:targetpractice:Hopefully this will help difficult child stop using his family for his targets.
:warrior:You should be proud of the work you accomplished today.
Respite is a great chance to recharge your batteries and give other aspects of the family your attention.

Congratulations.:wine:

meowbunny

Sorry I missed this thread or my support definitely would have been added to the list, but I'm so very happy you're getting some help!!!!