neuropsychologist

crazymama30

I met with difficult child son's therapist yesterday. After talking for awhile about how he is doing, and how I am concerned as it seems that the medication increases are not helping like they should, she asked if we had ever had a neuropsychologist? Nope. With my insurance I do not need pre auth or a refferral, so I am going to make an appointment today. therapist said np is booked out untill summer, but we will ask to get put on a cancellation list.

The propanolol? that I thought was so great? Really does seem to decrease his anxiety, but it increases it so much that he explodes more as he is less inhibited. Or that is my thought at least. He went from being kinda ok part of the time, to either being great or in meltdown mode. Easter morning was great, the afternoon? Horrible.

therapist mentioned Auditory Processing Disorders (APD) and NonVerbal Learning Disorder (NVLD). He has symptoms of both, but especially of the Auditory Processing Disorders (APD). It will be interesting to see the results of the NP testing.

DDD

Hooray! You are fortunate that it is covered by insurance as it is a bit pricey. Many of us have found that to be most helpful in maintenance and future planning. Here's hoping there is a cancellation soon. DDD