Never go outside in your robe

M

ML

Yesterday I woke up feeling 100. I was beyond exhausted. Manster was bent on going to grammy's which is just 2 miles down the road. I was moving slow and he said "come on mom, you don't even have to change out of your robe, just get in the car and drive me and you don't have to get out of the car. So hair a mess, in a long zipper up robe, I walk outside to my car and meet the new neighbor moving into the adjacent town home. I looked a sight! She was very kind and said she wished she could be dressed that way today instead of moving. We met her son who is manster's age and guess what? The kid was polite, made eye contact, smiled and said "hi", but I just got this gut instinct he's aspie.

I went to mom's then and she and my brother laughed hysterically at the presentation I made. When I told them about meeting the neighbor they laughed harder. My brother said it's a good thing you didn't yell "Allah Gihad" because you look like you could have bombs under your robe.

I had to go back and say "hi" again to her after I got dressed and cleaned up and we talked about our kids' pesonalities and bingo. The kid isn't athletic, is a brianiac, doesn't like to go outside, etc. He even made a comment about a figure of speech I made to indicate he interpreted it quite literally. Manster and he are going to get along great!

And if someone can meet me looking that way at my worst and still want to be my friend, it can only get better from there :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
And if someone can meet me looking that way at my worst and still want to be my friend, it can only get better from there :)

That's the spirit!

I often drive kids to school looking a lot less than presentable. Rarely have a bra on :)surprised1:), which given my size, is quite scary. Often have flip-flops or clogs on. No make up ever. Lucky if my hair is combed, and likely that it's pulled back in a messy ponytail. Don't count on my teeth being brushed yet because I'm probably still guzzling down coffee.

So unless I actually have to get out of the car and go into some place, I don't bother with getting fully dressed. I'm sure one day I will regret it. Like I'll get in a car accident or run out of gas and have to stand out there on the side of the road or hike to a gas station for all the world to behold. :ashamed:

flutterby

Fly away!
Your neighbor sounds like a very nice woman. Hopefully, you'll become fast friends and can hang out together in your robes. :D

Honestly, I'm not sure my neighbors would recognize me in regular clothes. :bag:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, that worked out well. lol :)

People here go shopping in their pjs. I kid you not. Also saw some at school still dressed in pjs. LOL

M

ML

Ohmygosh I didn't think about a flat tire. Another reason to not go out in bathrobe lol. I like what you said Heather, about hanging out with a friend in robes :)

klmno

LOL!! I'm glad it turned out well and she obviously isn't the snobbish type. Of course, the best thing is that the boys will probably have a new great friend!

Mattsmom277

Now, picture no robe. You go out dressed to the nines, no hair out of place, looking all made up and too good to be true for a Sunday morning. Frazzled mom moving in with kids is so embarassed she is sweaty and dusty and dirty. She then doesn't say hello. Therefore you two don't break the ice, never learn your sons have much in common. What a shame!

I vote wear the robe more often lol

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It's not at all uncommon up here to see people shopping in PJ bottoms and tshirts or sweatshirts.

It's more common at night, but I do it at all times of day and always see other people. Over the last few years it has become popular with the younger girls where before that it was mostly older guys.

It's not something I would do visiting my mother outside of Chicago, but I don't have a problem up here with doing it.

Fact is that I'm just more comfortable that way and if you don't like it, don't look.

TerryJ2

LOL!
Wow, that's neat that you picked up on him being an Aspie.
I hope everything goes well from here on in.
Aren't are kids persuasive? I swear, mine could make me jump off a clff ...

ROFL!

Star*

call 911........call 911
ML,

What GREAT intuition!!! I'm so happy for Manster!! (And for new kid) -You know I think your brother is a hoot. I can teach you how to say "Peace be with you - Go with God." in Arabic if you like. Or I can throw in my famous "I'd like to sleep with your husband" line - if you want to be totally wrecked. (Remember me trying to impress the couple in my line at the dime store?) yeah....moving on.

Well if you made a great impression in your robe? I can't wait until you take them over one of your desserts....you are.....going to .......bake......something====right? What to bake??? hahaha.

Well prayers answered for Manster...I'm glad he's got a friend other than Mr. Ed. :)winking:) This is just fantastic! (doing cartwheels between the dog doodie because Dude's been gone all week) :sick:

Hugs
Star