Never had this problem before

L

Liahona

Someone turned us in to the police for the house/lawn not looking nice! They turned in my neighbor as well. My grandfather gave us beds so the old mattresses are in the car port. husband has been meaning to get rid of them, but hasn't yet. And, I haven't pushed the issue because the kids jump on them. They really like to jump (poor mans trampoline). I intended to push the issue when it started to get cold because I didn't want mice living in them. The policeman came and said we have to get rid of them by Aug. 2nd. My neighbors friend knows who it was that turned us in. It wasn't anyone on our street! Just someone driving around.

Dixies_fire

Crazy. Sorry to hear that.

I had a land lord when I first moved in to my first house who turned us in for me growing morning glories on the fence and having an extra car in my back yard, and she never said anything about it before calling the police like saying she didn't like it.

KTMom91

I get told all the time not to park my truck on the dirt next to the garage. It's no big deal - I just go move the truck, then put it back when it's street sweeper day. I don't know if one of my neighbors objects to the truck or code enforcement drives by, but it's annoying. Now we have Son #1's girlfriend's car out there as well.

pasajes4

WOW!! You little criminal you. You should be arrested and put in lawn jail. How dare you ruin the flavor of the neighborhood. LOL Some people have nothing better to do.

L

Liahona

husband was livid. He thinks we should take all the kids toys from the back and put them on the front lawn instead. Its the sort of mess that can't be illegal, but would drive someone like that nuts. I am tempted, but I don't want the neighbors dog or some random kid to take them.

pasajes4

I saw some really hideous pink plastic flamingos that light up at night and play margaretta ville. Totally ligeal and really annoying.

DammitJanet

I like the flamingo idea!

This sounds like something my mother would have done when she was alive. She kept calling the police for anything she could about her neighbor's. She called because their tree limbs went over the property line way up high and when leaves fell, some fell in her yard. She called because when the neighbor's watered their lawn, the water hit her fence! She even called the cops one time because she said when she was out by her shed she smelled pot in the air....lol. Now unless someone was having a bonfire with pot, no way could she smell it. Her neighbors were elderly and had no kids living with them.

Want to know what started getting on this tangent? One of her neighbors had grown some tomatoes and brought them over to her house to share with her. Well she wasnt home at the time so they just left a basket on the porch steps for her. That was enough to tick her off and start a neighborhood war. I have no idea how much she spent on getting her lawyer to write letters to her neighbors!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This stuff, I'm sorry I am NOT politically correct, drives me insane. More so I think as I grow older.

My property, my business. If you're not making the house payment, shut the h#ll up and look the other way.

ATM I can't afford trash service. I will as soon as I get paid next week (I hope) but it's been sitting there for several weeks, stinky, eyesore. Welp, I can't do a darn thing about it either. If someone comes knocking on my door they're gonna get an earful and it won't be pretty.

The weeds along the privacy fence along the alley are horrific. Try as I might........I have issues getting to them and many are the size of trees, no joke. Again, they got a problem they can kiss my rear. I'm only one person and can do so much and it's MY property get over it.

People on the block seem to have a competition as to who can keep their lawn the shortest. I mow mine when it gets about 6-7 inches tall. Again, they don't like it......I'm sure I got another rear cheek they can kiss. And yes, I know that irritates them. lol

Those people with their lawn mowers out every other day? Annoy the heck outta me, but I don't complain. I could care less what you've got in your yard or what it looks like unless it is a dangerous situation. Not my business. Not my yard. I honestly do NOT have to deal with it unless I make the choice to let it annoy me.

BusynMember

That reminded me of the day I came home from surgery and as I stepped outside to get the mail, my next door neighbor, an elderly lady, came over screaming at me to cut my back yard lawn because "It isn't pretty to look outside and see that high grass and the weeds."
Actually, I had plans for my son to cut it that day, but after that I told her that I still had about three inches before it was legal for her to turn us in. I told my son not to cut the lawn when I got inside. We waited a long time to cut the grass after that. We had a good laugh over it.

This is one reason I'd never join a homeowners association. To me, it's my house/my business. Leave me alone; I never bother you.

L

Liahona

All my neighbors but one have immaculate lawns. I keep reminding myself they are all retired with pcs and pcs grandkids. The one that got turned in with me also has a few family members with mental illnes and is the nicest neighbor I have ever had. I think I'll get a pink flamingo for her, too.

Dixies_fire

I think everyone on this board can identify with a few things slipping through the cracks occasionally.

I had family pictures taken two weeks ago and it was a wonder we all got out of the house dressed decently, was pretty stressful just deciding what everyone was going to wear and locating it all. I was going to French braid Tk's hair but after two attempts decided on something simpler. I got proofs of a few pictures the other day and almost cried because my roots looked horrible and if I touch them up I'm afraid to lose the rest of my hair. It's been falling out for awhile now.

Perfect we are not, functioning we are.

DammitJanet

I also would not live in a planned community or place that could tell you those things. Our grass is horrible but we are trying. We have about an acre and a half - or more- of grass. We have had awful luck with lawn mowers simply dying on us every summer even when bought new. Last year we got a guy who lives up the street who would come down about once a month on a huge ride on who would cut it for gas and a 12 pack of beer. This year we bought another push mower because we cant afford to buy a ride on. Tony tries to cut it but he works so many hours he cant keep up. He gets about a quarter of it done and then it rains and the grass grows fast again.

witzend

We had a neighbor who ACTUALLY stood out on the street at 7 AM and stopped everyone driving to work to ask them to sign her petition that our "party neighbors" who had a pool should stop being loud at night. Sometimes they were loud, but that's when you knock on the door and say, "I'm sorry, but we're trying to sleep and our bedroom is right outside your pool. Can we ask you to keep it down?" Instead, there was the petition, which no one signed. So she got angry and called every single person on the block to say that she was certain that the neighbor's brother was getting the neighbor's teenaged daughter drunk and having sex with her. Oh, my. That is when her life got noisy. Said neighbor was in construction. He and all of his friends would make a point of stopping by in front of her house every night with their diesel pick-up trucks and rev their engines for a minute or so.

I think that the thing with grass or garbage or old mattresses that really gets my goat is that when that happened in the old neighborhood, someone was always ill or out of work or unable to do for themselves - and more often than not if they had asked for help they would have received it. I mean, we always say, "If you need anything let me know." But people never think to say, "I spent all day at the hospital" or "I can't get out of bed since the funeral" ' and I could really use some help. Do you think you could help me get the trash to the dump?' or whatever. Add to that the fact that no one seems to have to common courtesy to go up to a neighbor and say, "I know you're having a really hard time. Would it be helpful if I got the weed-eater out back for you next time I do my lawn?" People talk the talk about being there for each other, but walking the walk rarely seems to happen.

Lisa, if you're having problems that's understandable, would a neighbor help you out? I know that no one likes to ask, but sometimes it's better to swallow your pride than to get on someone's nerves. As far as the mattresses go, I'd be tempted to dump them on the neighbor's lawn this fall. "I can't imagine HOW those got there! We hired a handy-man to tow them away! Are you sure they're ours? We won't have funds to deal with it again until next month. So sorry!"

L

Liahona

I really like living in the country with land not neighbors right outside your window. Oh well, someday. The lawn is mowed and the mattresses are gone. The city sent a letter to the landlord, too. He came out and took care of it. I had a coupon for the dump so it didn't cost us anything.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Witz I plan to get M over here to help me with the yard work as soon as I can manage it. He is more than willing, eager in fact. He likes yard work and is bored to tears right now. Nichole has my gas weed eater atm. A lot of it he is going to have to chop down literally with an axe. But I'm also trying to get that trash service lined up so I can get rid of what I can't burn.

Because he volunteered to do it for free............... I'd like to give him a little something for it. It really is a heavy duty job. I can't give him much......probably not more than 20 bucks. But still. None of my other sils volunteered for the job. Nichole has helped.....but this is too big a job for her.