New book on computer addicted brains

TerryJ2

... that cause people to exhibit autistic traits.

It's a chicken and egg thing, but it's still interesting. I'm going to buy a copy.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/iBrain-Surviving-Technological-Alteration-Modern/dp/0061340332/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228400288&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: iBrain: Surviving the Technological Alteration of the Modern Mind: Gary Small, Gigi Vorgan: Books[/ame]

In iBrain, Dr. Gary Small, one of America's leading neuroscientists and experts on brain function and behavior, explores how technology's unstoppable march forward has altered the way young minds develop, function, and interpret information. iBrain reveals a new evolution catalyzed by technological advancement and its future implications: Where do you fit in on the evolutionary chain? What are the professional, social, and political impacts of this new brain evolution? How must you adapt and at what price?
While high-tech immersion can accelerate learning and boost creativity, it also has its glitches, among them the meteoric rise in ADD diagnoses, increased social isolation, and Internet addiction. To compete and thrive in the age of brain evolution, and to avoid these potential drawbacks, we must adapt, and iBrain—with its Technology Toolkit—equips all of us with the tools and strategies needed to close the brain gap.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/iBrain-Surviving-Technological-Alteration-Modern/dp/0061340332/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228400288&sr=1-1"][/ame]

Marguerite

It looks interesting.

There was something on the radio the other day about it, I need to look it up because I missed it (we were going through a tunnel at the time). In our radio program the person being interviewed was Prof Ian Hickie, a psychiatrist I've known since he first began to practice (I met him over his research, I've never been his patient!). Ian was apparently talking about the way computer gaming changes the shape of a person's brain. I heard the talk advertised, it may be possible to get a transcript from ABC radio (2BL) in Australia, it was on Richard Glover's program. I'm about to head out to collect mother in law, I haven't got time to dig for it myself now.

Marg