New co-worker talks in baby talk to us and walks around barefoot, al over the office.

Jody

Between difficult child, and the new employee. I think I am losing it. I am all over the place bi-polar wise right now, went to bingo with my best friend and bought her some cheetohs, now why did I do that , she crunched and rattled that bag till I thought I'de lose my mind. She has a denture is which on top of that makes it hard for her to close her mouth while chewing. I love my friend, but I nearly got up and moved. I covered my ear that was on her side. Didn't help much. A new co-worker who never fails to remind you that she has a MA degree, and that she was the administrator for the county health department, and about all her riches, talks to the rest of us in baby talk. I mean like a puddy cat kind of talk. OMG, never heard anyone every doing that. In my mind as volatile as I feel today, I am saying to myself please lady dont come up here doing that, or I will tell you off and it for sure won't be in a baby voice. Now she has the other co worker walking around barefoot. I see myself going to the sewing store and buying some stick pins. Ugh, just a complaint day, major. Sorry I just don't like being talked that crazy baby talk to and being called honey by someone who means it in a put down type of way. I did this, I did this, oh sure I can do that. Thats all that comes out of her mouth. I know what I would like to tell her what to do with it. difficult child just called and she wants to go hang out with her friends, Uh, is this the same child who was just arrested for distributing a controlled substance. Too much stress. Thanks for listening I was about to blow up.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Ugh, that would drive me nuts, too.

One of my friends vents her annoying co-worker stories pretty often, in writing -- some are pretty funny. For instance, one of her co-workers, when giving out her email address, uses the term , "at sign." She actually says: "my email is jsmith, the at sign, smithcompany dot com." Over and over. The owner of her company insists on bringing his dogs to the office, dogs who are NOT well trained. Lots of crazy dog stories ensue.

It helps to share them, and provides lots of amusement for others -- maybe you could start an anonymous blog! :-D

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, my............

You could try baby talk right back using a sarcastic tone of voice, see how she likes it. lol (most likely she'll not like it and get the idea you've got her number)

How is she getting away with walking around barefoot in the work place? Isn't there some sort of dress code? I mean......maybe sitting at your desk if you've got a nice pair of shoes but they kill your feet after so many hours but barefoot at work is a bit much.

Jody

Oh gosh yes the dogs, I work at an association for veterinarians but we are a business office. My boss's wife now exwife brought her two schanuzers in for the evening while she worked, well, let's just say they were not watched. They took a dump in the front foyer where we great people, but it looked like acorns or nuts of some kind. Anyway, another co worker and I noticed that the garbage can had been dumped and gone thru and there were some wet spots on the brand new carpeting. We are walking around thinking that somehow a squirrel or chipmunk or racoon, got in the building. We were wandering around looking for the culprit and how it got in, another co worker comes in and we go tell her what's going on, she bends down and looks at the "nuts" and guess what she says thats dog s***. I almost lost it, the light when on, but I was so grossed out, I had almost picked up the Dog mess and looked at it to determine what kind of nut it really was. EWW. CrazyinVA that is funny the at sign. oh my, goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I don't use baby talk all that often with Meggie. And she's not quite 7 months old. Your coworker and I would go rounds.

I have a coworker with major sinus issues. He is ALWAYS sniffing. I learned to tune it out till a couple weeks ago when he came over to show me something and a big wad of snot fell onto his paper. OMG I was so disgusted. Now I don't ask questions unless I'm standing so he doesn't lean over MY DESK! Ewwwwww.

Jody

I would have thrown up Step. Literally thrown up. Oh my goodness. Even thinking about that makes me ill.

Dixies_fire

Jody- at least you can make your stress into a funny. I like to do that too.

Until I went in the army inter office relationships stressed me out to the max, I always worried about how I got along with my coworkers, how I was coming across when I spoke... Etc etc.
when I went in the army I didn't figure I would get in trouble for having a loud voice and poor hearing cause almost everyone has that issue after awhile.

Jody

Oh no, this is not funny, sorry but we have the cutest little ground squirrels that play at my front door at the office, they bang up against the glass while traveling with their treats they find, a red tailed hawk just swooped down and scared me to death and flew off with the little cute thing. It came in for this scary dive, and I didnt see it until it was too late for the little guy. The screeching ugh. I don't believe that I just witnessed that. ugh.

InsaneCdn

and walks around barefoot, all over the office.

They took a dump in the front foyer where we great people, but it looked like acorns or nuts of some kind. Anyway, another co worker and I noticed that the garbage can had been dumped and gone thru and there were some wet spots on the brand new carpeting

Anyone else see the potential future humour here?

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
I see lots of potential humor here. Tried to post earlier but comp overheated and shut down on me again.I'm sorry your annoying barefoot babytalking co-worker didn't step in your boss's ex-wife's little darling's surprises.

nerfherder

My boss's wife now exwife brought her two schanuzers in for the evening while she worked, well, let's just say they were not watched.

Before I read any further I already guessed what happened. :) It seems to be a schnauzer trait - pee and poop whenever wherever, and get into the salad bar/trashcan if you can reach it.

Middle Baby Viking has as "her" dog a schnauzer/pug cross, and I wish it was more like a pug. One of the houses I clean, they have two plus an older scottie kind of thing. The house is only 5 years old, the rugs look - not very good. I do my best, but...

That's one breed I just never ever want. Sweet personalities, but they need hardcore housebreaking.

TerryJ2

OMG, I would have said something to Ms MA degree by now!
So sorry about the schnauzer. Maybe that's why she's his ex-? :)
And the denture and Cheetos, yep. You've got great characters for a sitcom here.

Poor, poor squirrel! I saw a bird snatched up by a red-tailed hawk right in front of our window a few yrs ago. By the time I was out the door to save it (yeah, right) the hawk had already snatched it up and flown away. I guess hawks have to eat, too. I just wish I didn't have to know about it.

So sorry you have to work with-the baby talk person every day!

LittleDudesMom

That baby talk would drive me crazy. I think I would have to say something. Perhaps the next time she talked baby talk to you, you could say something like, "Could I ask you a question? Why do you find it necessary to speak to me like you were talking to a 2 year old? I am a grown woman and I would appreciate being spoken to as such."

*Sharon

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Yeah, I can't do the baby talk thing. I never did baby talk to Storm either. If I had a co-worker like that I'd be all... *blink blink blank look* "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that, I only speak English."

bad ems

Sorry I know this is an old conversation but Ive just hafta vent when I read this about the baby talkin co worker because I am dealing with not one but TWO coworkers who bring on the baby talk and even worse...one of them employs a googoo gagga shrill baby laugh on top of that...which she uses every time she baby talks and thinks whatever she said was so cute and funnsy wunsy! The other baby talker is a supervisor...not mine thank God...but both within ear shot. It gets better though...a large open office split by partition down the middle...they sit in opposite sides and the giggler sits right next to me so not only do I hafta endure the baby talk up close, she very often shouts in her baby talk and cooing to the other baby talker on the other side of the room. I too have days Im afraid I will accidentally say aloud what I keep thinking in my hot head...and i mean that literally because it is so grating I sit there and literally flush warm!! Ahhh thank you so for letting me vent here. Best of luck to all

Nomad

Staff member
Yikes. What an odd and crummy situation. I hope someone has given you some good advice or has some. This is an odd one! Hang in there!

AppleCori

This is strange....

Though I do have to admit to talking to my dogs (and any available babies) in what hubby calls my 'Elmo voice'.