New Grandbaby Pictures!

donna723

:D My very first new grandma pictures! :D

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u246/donna723/?action=view&current=IMG00146.jpg

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u246/donna723/?action=view&current=Ethan_013.jpg

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=4222_1090792681307_1571197857_30202.jpg

This little guy is Ethan Zachary, born May 1st, my first grandchild! He is absolutely gorgeous! He came almost three weeks before his due date of May 20th and still weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. and was 19-1/2 inches long! Had he waited till his due date, he would have been a tubby little 10-pounder for sure! They were pretty sure he would come early because she had been having contractions and was walking around 4 cm dilated for three weeks before he was born. A little last minute drama right there at the end and she ended up having to have an emergency C-section but she's fine now and he's big and healthy and perfectly normal. The first picture was taken when he was two days old, the other two about ten days later. Even as a newborn he looked 2 or 3 weeks old, and in the picture where he's looking bored in his swing, he looks more like a two year old than 12 days old!

I drove down there on the 8th and came back on the 15th, and by then I was so totally in love with the little guy that I hated to leave! He doesn't cry like most newborns do. He just makes little noises when he wakes up. And if he's hungry (or wet or bored) he will come out with one ear-piercing screech and then swing his arms around and make angry faces until someone feeds him or changes him or amuses him. He likes to just sit there looking around taking everything in and the ceiling fans seem to really fascinate him.

This little guy is the answer to lots and lots of prayers. He came after almost four years of trying, four different doctors, dozens of tests and medications, and finally his mama having surgery which allowed her to get pregnant, so he came along like a little miracle just when they were thinking that they may never be able to have children. Just my luck that when I finally get a grandbaby, he's over 600 miles away ... but we're planning lots of visits. He'll be changing every day and I won't be there to see it! So ... can I officially join the "Grandma's Club" now guys?

DammitJanet

He is adorable Donna. Yes you are a member now of the Grandma Club...lol. Best club in the world.

Hey...I have a new toy now that makes the most adorable dvd's that I can set to music. Are those a bunch of pics of him in that album? If so, I can copy them down to my easy child and make you a dvd that will knock your socks off them mail it to you that is like a new baby boy book. I can find some little boy music or if you have a favorite song just let me know.

everywoman

How adorable. May 1st is my difficult child's birthday too. My new granddaughter is due this week. I went to see them today---they are 120 miles away---got to see my grandson who will be 3 in June. I took Mommy shopping for new rugs for both kid's rooms, a comforter for the cribb, and a few other things they needed. While babies are fun, toddlers who look at you and say, "I love you Big Momma, can I go 'pend the night at your house" are much more fun!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Of course your an official memeber now!! :D

He's an adorable lil guy, isn't he?? LOL :D :D (and I'm sure momma is grateful he came early ;) )

donna723

OMG, that would be fantastic, Janet! I don't have that many of him now but they're sending more of him soon! His daddy is a photography nut. I will most certainly take you up on it! Thank you!

I would have killed to have some of the things that they have now when my kids were little! I forget what they called it, but they have one of those "C" shaped cushion/pillow things ... have you seen those? You put it around you when you sit down with the baby and you can rest your elbow on it while you hold the baby. I remember having sore arms constantly from holding the babies with my elbow jacked up in the air! Those things may have been around for years and I never noticed because I didn't pay much attention to baby stuff before. But why couldn't somebody have thought of that when mine were little!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Donna, he is a beauty. He really looks fair haired already. I can see why you are in love. I had 2 of those 9lb + babies. They do looks somewhat filled out when they are born.
I'm amazed at all the new baby stuff. You might want to look for a inexpensive or used porta crib and high chair. I got one for when the babies come for a visit. I'm not a granny but I'm in training with nieces and nephews.
I can see why you will be driving 600 miles often.(welcome to my world) It's worth it to grow that bond.
My f i l was adamant that he wasn't going to be the babysitter for his grandchildren. He raised his and wasn't raising anyone else;s. (meanwhile his first grandson lived 7 states away) Very short sighted. As they became grade school age he wanted a relationship but the boys just didn't seem to respond to his words of wisdom. It's unfortunate. Enjoy your grandchild. You can't over love a child.

DammitJanet

Donna....I will PM you my email addy. Tell me when you get pics on photobucket...or even better, ask your son to put a bunch of pics on a cd for me. I can email my address to you guys. I am in love with my new toy...lol.

K

Kjs

What an adorable little guy. Yes he sure does look older that 2 days or 12 days.

My neighbor bought grandma (a distance away) one of those digital photo frames.
Then every month or so they send her a new SD card to put in it. That way grandma has a slide show of the kids every couple months.

As for new baby things - My two boys are 12 years apart. Geeze, I feel like easy child was deprived once difficult child came along. But now there are even more and more things out I like. I don't think I will ever be a grandma. easy child doesn't even have a girlfriend.

Congrats to the new family.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm sorry - I'd have to make them move back closer to me. HE IS ADORABLE.....I still think he looks like one of the Duck House porcelain babydolls - he's so pretty he looks fake. lol

Congratulations - your smiles come through in multiple teeth grandma! Every reason to be proud.

Happy for you!
Star

donna723

Star - I went through your town on my way down to their house and again on my way back home. I yelled, "Hi, Star!" and waved from the interstate but I don't guess you saw me ... ;)