New Here, Mother of 2

mchadwick1986

Hello!! My name is Mindy. I am 23 and have 2 children, a 6 year old Elizabeth, and a 2 year old Caleb.

Around November of 2008 my daughter was diagnosed with Tourettes, PTSD, Insomnia, and ODD. Lately, she has been hearing people speak to her...telling her to hurt herself and not to tell me or they will hurt her. She has also seen scary bloody images of girls...and random bloody heads. She went to her Psychiatrist today and was also diagnosed with possible psychosis and when we go back in 2 weeks she will let me know whether or not she is bi polar or schizophrenia. This is is all so scary for the both of us. Any one with similar experiences?

:faint:

BusynMember

Not specifically, but I do want you to know there is hope. Has she been placed on any medication? Is t here a history of schizophrenia or bipolar on either side of the family tree?

This must be so scary for both of you. I hope she gets better...soon.

nvts

Hi! Welcome to the gang! Is your daughter taking any medication?

Gotta go - got one home sick and the baby's awake!

Beth

tiredmommy

Hi Mindy and welcome. I'm so sorry you need to be here, but glad you found us. I don't personally have any experience with this but other members do. You aren't alone anymore.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hi Mindy-
Yes I have experience with this- we just had an apt about this yesterday. My 8 yo has had auditory and visual hallucination since 5 ish.

If you are interested in any info on my daughter's experience please PM me. I don't want to write a long novel! LOL

I hope you come back on and tell us more about your family history.

If your daughter is hearing voices telling her to hurt herself she needs to be seen by a Psychiatrist.
If you have one already, you need to get her in and let them know how serious things are and that you are scared for your daughter.

Welcome and we are here to help.

busywend

Welcome! I am so sorry you and your daughter are going through so much. How was her development? Any food issues? Sleep issues? Health issues?

Are the hallucinations related to the PTSD?