New here: Runaway difficult child

KJsMama

I found your site while searching for support for parents with runaways. After reading some posts I have a feeling there are quite a few parents out there dealing (or have dealt) with the same issues. My 15 yo difficult child ran away 29 days ago. There have been a few sitings but we have no idea where he is, who is with (if anyone-he was seen alone) or if he is safe. We've reported him as a runaway with the police (he's on probation so they've put a warrant out for his arrest) and we have listed him with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. I guess now it's a waiting game...that's the hard part...waiting for my baby to come home.

DammitJanet

Welcome to the board. Boy am I sorry you had to find us.

You really must be worried to death and livid with him too. One of those times you want to find him and hug him so hard and then smack him upside the head!

I guess one relatively small good thing is he is in CA so it isnt that cold. I hope you get more sightings and can get a location on him soon.

Hugs. Lots of them.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I sure am sorry this is happening to your family. My difficult child 2 started to run away at the age of 16. He just refused to follow the house rules. We have been back in touch off and on since he was 19 but those years are really lost to us.
I hope the police can find him and that he gets some awareness of what he is doing to himself and his family.

susiestar

Roll With It
Welcome! I am so sorry you are coping with this. Sending many hugs. This is just so scary for you. Saying prayers for his safe return home.

LittleDudesMom

I'm sorry you had to find us, but at the same time, glad you found us because so many here have in your shoes. Sometime there is comfort in knowing others understand when there is little else to hold onto.

Keeping your son in my thoughts.

Sharon