new here with-19 yo daughter

T

troubled

Hound dog, Thanks a bunch and many ((huggs) back to you. What you said made me feel better. My Mother and I get along fine now and I lean on her endlessly but it's hard, even now, to live with her or my Dad for more than a couple days. There was a time for me, too, that I didn't think I needed my parents and I didn't even like them. Then I too, grew up. I never did appreciate my parents as much as I do now until I had a child of my own. My Mother was right when she said I'd understand. I was not a difficult child, though.

T

troubled

In case anyone wondered what happened, it appears that this will be a never-ending story. difficult child's boyfriends mother told her that she did not want difficult child to come back to their home and that she didn't think it was a good idea for her to be with their son. Then she got my sister on the phone (where difficult child was supposed to only stay a night or two before catching a bus back) and told her all the bad stuff that difficult child had been doing over there and then said she would come to our state to get difficult child some help through social services, etc, and would my sister go take difficult child to get her state ID? My sister was not prepared for all of that. She didn't really answer that she would do all that. Instead, she told difficult child that she had to find another place to stay and one more night there was all she was getting. difficult child than made a few calls, found a friend to stay with for 2 weeks and my sister took her there and dropped her off. As you can well imagine, we are all worried now wondering when difficult child will be out in the freezing cold with no place to go. The shelters are all full, my sister found out. Then, to further complicate things, difficult child's boyfriend got upset and said he was then coming here to be with her. So I guess if she is going to be homeless they will be homeless together or his parents may have to relent and let them both come back to the boyfriend's home. They started charging him rent, so by rights he has to be evicted if they want him out and difficult child has said she would rather live in a shelter in his state than be homeless here. Her master plan, though, is to get an apartment with him here. It took a few days but we know he has arrived here and that's about all we know. difficult child has a phone she can use to call my sister but so far she's not said anything about what her plans are.

In the meantime, I am TRYING to relax a little and enjoy my newfound freedom!!!!!!! It's still hard to not continue living in my bedroom behind a locked door and be able to walk thorough the house freely without having to unlock every door. I've been out shopping and everything! My sister has taken to worrying about difficult child and for her it's almost as bad not knowing what's going on with difficult child than it is knowing. Finger's crossed, prayers flying!! Thanks again for your support.