New kitty/critter photos.

jal

Abbey they are adorable. 2 tigers and the other looks to have a lot of Siamese markings. As I type my tiger/siamese is sitting on my desk and my orange tiger is cleaning himself in a smaller wicker chair to my right.

They are love bugs aren't they? Especially, when they know someone cares.

jal

Oh and PS - don't know how this will pan out, but husband and I are looking at a rescue Boston, so we hear your advice and are looking at shelters. 1 yr old almost blind due to hereditary cataracts - surgery not possible, a tough placement. Our 2 cats were adopted through our vet, they were kittens on a feral colony. Our Boston (6 months old when we got the call) accidentally fell into our hands, she was in a good (affluent) home, only with-an elderly couple that couldn't properly care for her (dimensia in both).

Enjoy those babies!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Not cute at all... and you wonder how people can abandon their pets?

I am looking over at Dexter who has the WHOLE couch to himself and Ms. Fancy Pants the calico is curled under and around the little Christmas we have.

You babies are pretty cute

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey, I can't visit the shelter because I'd try to bring them all home with me. Where do you think Nichole got that trait? lol

But I do have to say that the pup Nichole adopted out of the kill shelter/pound is a wonderful dog. Not sure what breeds she is, but she's smart, loving, eager to please, patient as Job......just an all around super dog. To think that in a couple of days she'd have been put to sleep is heart wrenching.

Your fur-family is thriving. The kitties obviously have made themselves quite at home. lol :D

Abbey

Spork Queen
Jal, this shelter was/is AMAZING. In this little town I expected it to be some run down barn outside of nowhere. Nope. I don't know who funded it, but it was extremely well laid out. Quiet music playing in the various rooms as they sort out cats (old, young, fiesty, etc.)

What was more important to me was the volunteer staff. They new every animal in there and would speak honestly about them. When I finally caved and took all 3 cats, they waved all fees, gave me 3 beds, 2 scratching posts, months of GOOD cat food, 2 carriers, toys...I was shocked. I got a follow up call the next day to see how they were doing, and 2 more in the next 2 weeks. Very dedicated people.

haha...I actually got a call from them yesterday wondering if I was willing to foster a few cats as they are beyond capacity and it's a no-kill facility. It broke my heart to say no as I'm up to 11 critters here, but said I'd spread the word.

Abbey