New Movies with Asperger's Themes

TerryJ2

Great! Thank you. I can't wait to see all those movies.

I loved reading LOOK ME IN THE EYE. I highly recommend it.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I look forward to seeing more positive or accurate portrayal's of our kids.

Having a movie about Temple will be exciting. She and more importantly her mother have been the blueprint of how to raise a unique child with dignity and functionality.

Thanks for the info. I sent it on to others who would be interested in learning more about the kids in our lives.

TerryJ2

husband and I saw ADAM last night! It was great!
We had to rent it. It never came out in our area. Where we live, they only show movies with-lots of violence and Big Name Stars Who Can't Act. :(

Anyway, I really liked the movie. It had some great scenes, and while it stereotyped a bit with-the total organization Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and aerospace/engineering/science/math ability, it was still great. I would defintely recommend it.
I'm going to buy it when I get a chance.

by the way, I read an interesting review online, where the film was previewed in Boston to a high profile Asperger's group. They really liked it, and some felt the way I did, about the high-tech stereotyping.
Although, I wouldn't mind it if my difficult child picked up a bit of that ... ;)
And why couldn't my difficult child be a neatnik like Adam?

Terry,

I'm really excited that you two liked Adam... Looks like I'm going to have to track it down as well , as I never saw an ad for it here either...

I wish our difficult child would be a neatnik as well! Maybe someday?

Valerie