New Neuro!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by susiestar, Sep 12, 2011.

1. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I just got off of the phone with the neuro's office. They remember Jess from way back when they first saw her (fourth grade!) and are happy to have her come back.

I have cancelled her EEG with the Children's hospital. Dr S, the new/old neuro wants it done by his people and his equipment so that he can eliminate "glitches" they have had substantial problems with in patients who came from the kids' hospital.

They are doing it on the 19. OF SEPTEMBER!!!!!!! He will likely glance over it that day unless a crisis pops up, and if anything screams out at him he will say, but otherwise he will discuss it in full at the appointment. On Oct 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was going to be a wait of two or three or four months to get into a new doctor. I actually spoke to the chidlren's hospital neuro about an appointment with the doctor taking Dr. Scream's patients and it would be Feb before she could see us. 8 MONTHS - basically a school year. Isn't that nuts???

I am SO GLAD the family care doctor was able to get the referral to Dr. S to go through. I feel like we have a chance. in my opinion it is mostly due to all the kick-tush board mojo out there just not letting them ignore/forget us!!!!!!!

Thank you ALL! I won't forget contacting the other hospitals andpeople you suggested. I promise. Just because this looks good does NOT mean that we are at a solution, just that we found a good fork in the road.

2. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Hey Susie...
    Can you dim the lights a bit? I'm not used to that much sunshine!

Getting the right docs is the first step.
    You're right, you're not out of the woods without answers... but first things first. Can't get right doctor = won't get right answers. Right doctor will either give right anwers, or will know where else to send you.

<smile a mile wide>

3. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Woo hoo!!!!!

4. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

I'm so happy for you and Jess. Enough is enough. This time I hope you find the charm and some good help.

5. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

So happy for you and Jess:)

6. keista

keista New Member

Yay! Glad to hear the progress is good!

7. Mattsmom277

Mattsmom277 Active Member

Tis a good day :)

8. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

9. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Woo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

10. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

Whoo-Hoo! It's about time!

Fingers crossed that this is the first of MANY steps in the right direction!

11. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra

12. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Boy, I wish I could find the old "Happy Dance" thingy that we used to have. I'm very happy for you. DDD

13. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy for forks in the road! Woo hoo! I'm so glad the process has sped up and this doctor sounds good. Way To Go!