New Puppy!!!!

Lothlorien

She's a shepherd/lab mix. Shas shepherd markings with a shorter snout. She slept all night in her crate (with my sweatshirt). As long as she could see me she had no problem. She hasn't peed in the house...started to poo, but I caught her in time. She's a rescue pup, brought in from NC. She is appx 9 to 10 weeks. Very sweet. A little timid, but it won't take long for her to adjust. She LOVES LOVES LOVES the kids. My 17 month old neice was here yesterday and she kept going over and grabbing the puppies face and the pup just licked her to death.

We named her Shelby. She looked like a Shelby in the picture and that was that! husband wanted to pick Sadie, but I was bent on Shelby. We had several family members here when we brought her home, so Shelby stuck.

I'll post some pics later. She's got such a sweet face.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ohhhhh! Can't wait to see pics!!!

I've got good news too. Callie was adopted by a great family with 3 kids (little) who live on a farm and wanted a biggish dog. The family picked her up friday and Callie loved them on sight. Nichole did a great job socializing her. For Callie that was the perfect family, kids to love, other small dogs and cats to play with and plenty of room to run and play. We'd brought Callie inside to calm her down before the family came. After spending so much time in Rowdy's kennel she was so excited to be out and loved on. lol

So relieved we found her a good home. Often wonder though why we seem to have better luck at it than the local rescues......But I'm glad it didn't take much longer than it did, I couldn't afford to feed her much longer.

Have fun with the new baby, she sounds wonderful. :D

Fran

Former desparate mom
Congratulations on the new addition. I hope she is adorable and suits your family. Don't you just love their faces?
Since you have raised dogs before I'm sure you know the good habits to start with so you don't have to break them of it later. I didn't when I had my first dog. Didn't know to teach leash walking or socialization. Duh!!!!!!!! I was really stupid.
Good luck and I'm sending smooches from Auntie Fam.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Loth, my "heart dog" Katie was a shep/lab. She was just wonderful- it's a super mix. Enjoy!

Suz